    ANDYsmith232 Guest

    Any useful ideas where I can get some info on copyrighting some of my inages
    that are going to be exhibited on a website?
    ANDYsmith232, Sep 26, 2006

  2. ANDYsmith232 wrote:
    > Any useful ideas where I can get some info on copyrighting some of my
    > inages that are going to be exhibited on a website?

    They are already copyrighted. I assume you mean you want some way of
    marking them as copyrighted?

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, Sep 26, 2006

  3. ANDYsmith232

    ANDYsmith232 Guest

    Hi, yes, you are right of course. Its the marking I want to apply. The
    reason being that I want the friends that are using them on their website to
    remember that I have done them a favour and that I do want some care from
    them as to how they use my photos. I don't seriously expect a copyright
    mark to have an impact on anyone that wants to copy them.

    ANDYsmith232, Sep 26, 2006
  4. ANDYsmith232

    Roy G Guest

    "ANDYsmith232" <> wrote in message

    > Hi, yes, you are right of course. Its the marking I want to apply. The
    > reason being that I want the friends that are using them on their website
    > to remember that I have done them a favour and that I do want some care
    > from them as to how they use my photos. I don't seriously expect a
    > copyright mark to have an impact on anyone that wants to copy them.
    >

    > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    >> ANDYsmith232 wrote:
    >>> Any useful ideas where I can get some info on copyrighting some of my
    >>> inages that are going to be exhibited on a website?

    >> They are already copyrighted. I assume you mean you want some way of
    >> marking them as copyrighted?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Joseph Meehan
    >>
    >> Dia duit

    Hi.

    Easy, just insert a text panel at the bottom of each picture "Photo by Andy
    Smith". It does not need to be large in size to be noticed.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Sep 26, 2006
  5. ANDYsmith232

    xenophon Guest

    > Hi, yes, you are right of course. Its the marking I want to apply. The
    > reason being that I want the friends that are using them on their website
    > to remember that I have done them a favour and that I do want some care
    > from them as to how they use my photos. I don't seriously expect a
    > copyright mark to have an impact on anyone that wants to copy them.

    Go here http://www.picture-shark.com/ and download the free Picture Shark,
    with which you can add watermarks of any degree of obscuration, using the
    standard copyright symbol, your logo, or any image or character you wish.

    Scott

    http://www.usenet.com
    xenophon, Sep 26, 2006
  6. ANDYsmith232

    Daryl Bryant Guest

    You can place a © on the image

    Some more info in copyrights --> http://www.copyright.gov/

    and more here http://www.eff.org/IP/DMCA/

    --
    Bing Bang Boom Viola Done!

    Daryl Bryant, Sep 26, 2006
  7. "ANDYsmith232" <> wrote in message
    > Any useful ideas where I can get some info on copyrighting some of
    > my inages that are going to be exhibited on a website?

    1. Don't provide images large enough to be useful for serious printing
    purposes, 800x640 pixels max.
    2. Add a copyright notice in the image like 'Copyright © Year (of
    first publication), Name (of Author)'. The word 'Copyright is not
    strictly needed, but it won't hurt (other than take up image space).
    3. Slightly cropping the image will make it easier to prove you
    possess the (larger) original. Raw file versions serve a similar
    purpose (without the need to crop), but that won't deter potential
    perpetrators, it just helps when things go awry.

    Copyright is automatically vested when you create an original work (of
    art) but, depending on jurisdiction, it might help to formally have
    them registered (options depend on jurisdiction).

    --
    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Sep 27, 2006
  8. ANDYsmith232

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    "ANDYsmith232" <> wrote:

    > Hi, yes, you are right of course. Its the marking I want to apply. The
    > reason being that I want the friends that are using them on their website to
    > remember that I have done them a favour and that I do want some care from
    > them as to how they use my photos. I don't seriously expect a copyright
    > mark to have an impact on anyone that wants to copy them.

    Just do a web search for "copyright" and you'll find tons of information.
    Shawn Hirn, Sep 27, 2006