    1. Advertising

  2. olfart

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:34:01 -0500, olfart wrote:

    > http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-v...3-homeland-security-dept-seizes-domain-names-

    More misleading journalism. The copyright issues seem to be more with
    fraudulently made and imported goods rather than music. The 3 sites
    mentioned were all registered in china.

    I don't believe ICE and DHS has the authority to crack down on copyright
    issues as that falls into another department. But hey, those DHS assholes
    will do anything to get their names mentioned.

    richard, Nov 27, 2010

  3. olfart

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Nov 27, 2010
  4. olfart

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 18:21:28 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:34:01 -0500, olfart wrote:
    >
    >> http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/130763-homeland-

    > security-dept-seizes-domain-names-
    >
    > Illegal downloads of music have wrecked the recording industry.
    >
    > But I think DHS should be chasing illegal immigrants first.

    I want an actual 45 copy of mary wells "It's in his kiss".
    Mind telling me where I can find one?
    Ok so like you send me to amazon.com where I can dowload an MP3 version.
    Exactly how did amazon get their copy? Isn't what amazon is doing just as
    illegal as any other site that allows downloads? Paid for or free?

    Copyright law says I can make copies for my personal use. Now I can legally
    give those copies away, but I can't sell those copies. that, mon ami, is
    copyright infringement.

    A law that might come into play here is, has to do with distributing
    rights. If you're not licensed or authorized by the parent company to do
    so, that is illegal.

    richard, Nov 27, 2010
  5. olfart

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:20:35 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:14:08 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>More misleading journalism.

    > What part is misleading?
    >
    >>The copyright issues seem to be more with
    >>fraudulently made and imported goods rather than music.

    > Or, both.
    >
    >>The 3 sites mentioned were all registered in china.

    > Thank you captain obvious.
    >
    >>I don't believe ICE and DHS has the authority to crack down on copyright
    >>issues as that falls into another department.

    > And what 'department' is that?
    >
    >>But hey, those DHS assholes will do anything to get their names mentioned.

    > Speaking of assholes, you're the #1 asshole here Bullis.
    >
    > It's a given when you say "I don't believe" - that you're wrong.
    >
    > As usual.

    the great benjamin matlock, attorney at law, has spoken!
    All kneel before the great one!

    richard, Nov 27, 2010
  6. olfart

    Mike Easter Guest

    richard wrote:

    > I want an actual 45 copy of mary wells "It's in his kiss".
    > Mind telling me where I can find one?

    I think it is part of the duty of the free media hunter to find his own.

    Part of the way you learn how to find the next thing you want is from
    having searched for the last thing you wanted and from searching for the
    current thing you want.

    The more successful searching you do, the better you get to be at it.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 27, 2010
  7. olfart

    Fox News Guest

    In article <>,
    Mike Easter <> wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >
    > > I want an actual 45 copy of mary wells "It's in his kiss".
    > > Mind telling me where I can find one?

    > I think it is part of the duty of the free media hunter to find his own.
    >
    > Part of the way you learn how to find the next thing you want is from
    > having searched for the last thing you wanted and from searching for the
    > current thing you want.
    >
    > The more successful searching you do, the better you get to be at it.

    What a fucking DUMBASS you are. There are a great many things that do
    not now and will not ever again exist in their original physical form.

    Apparently you need to search for your brain. Whoops. Sorry. It's GONE!

    Fox News, Nov 27, 2010
  8. olfart

    Mike Easter Guest

    Fox News wrote:
    > Mike Easter
    >> richard wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want an actual 45 copy of mary wells "It's in his kiss".
    >>> Mind telling me where I can find one?

    >> The more successful searching you do, the better you get to be at it.

    > There are a great many things that do not now and will not ever again
    > exist in their original physical form.

    If you listen to the ogg or the mp3 of that song here^1, you can 'hear'
    that the digital sampling was ripped from a needle tracking a vinyl
    groove and then cleaned up digitally to eliminate 'record noises'.

    ^1 http://www.archive.org/details/MaryWells-01-50

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 27, 2010
  9. olfart

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:50:42 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 12:33:33 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>the great benjamin matlock, attorney at law, has spoken!
    >>All kneel before the great one!

    > Go kill yourself, st00pid.

    I'm stoopid. Can you show me how to do that please?

    richard, Nov 27, 2010
  10. olfart

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:53:38 -0800, Mike Easter wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >
    >> I want an actual 45 copy of mary wells "It's in his kiss".
    >> Mind telling me where I can find one?

    > I think it is part of the duty of the free media hunter to find his own.
    >
    > Part of the way you learn how to find the next thing you want is from
    > having searched for the last thing you wanted and from searching for the
    > current thing you want.
    >
    > The more successful searching you do, the better you get to be at it.

    FYI, idiot, many of the record labels that were in existance in the sixties
    have long gone into the history books. Mary Wells was but one of thousands
    of artists who were never paid a dime. The guy who owned her record label
    literally ran off with not only the profits, but the records as well.

    I personally know of a guy that happened to. It just so happened I was
    given a copy of his record. When he told me what happened, he wanted the
    copy as that would be the only one he ever had.

    Most music sites today, if the copyright law is adhered too, is in
    violation. Specially if they charge for the copy.

    When you buy a CD in a store, that is perfectly legal. But when you buy a
    copy from a website, is it legal? How do I know I'm not paying for a
    pirated copy?

    richard, Nov 27, 2010
  11. olfart

    Mike Easter Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> richard wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want an actual 45 copy of mary wells "It's in his kiss".
    >>> Mind telling me where I can find one?

    >> I think it is part of the duty of the free media hunter to find his own.

    > FYI, idiot,

    I don't understand why you are calling me an idiot while you are the one
    who can't find the copy and I can.

    Is there something wrong with you?

    I didn't say a word about copyright and you are carrying on about it and
    acting rude and calling names.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 27, 2010
  12. richard the sto0pid wrote:

    > Copyright law says I can make copies for my personal use. Now I can
    > legally give those copies away, but I can't sell those copies. that,
    > mon ami, is copyright infringement.

    I don't know how many times you've been told this. Lots.

    You can make a copy of a work you purchased, for backup.
    You can give it, or sell it, *original+backup* to anyone.
    However, you *cannot* retain either the original or the backup for
    yourself. *This* is what is copyright infringement.
    It does not matter if you give it away, or sell it.

    Now, how long will you retain this info this time? (Until you post
    another sto0pid "copyright" thread next month?)

    --
    -bts
    -In a broadband world, you are just a dialup

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 27, 2010
  13. olfart

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:32:46 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:53:38 -0800, Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want an actual 45 copy of mary wells "It's in his kiss". Mind
    >>> telling me where I can find one?

    >> I think it is part of the duty of the free media hunter to find his
    >> own.
    >>
    >> Part of the way you learn how to find the next thing you want is from
    >> having searched for the last thing you wanted and from searching for
    >> the current thing you want.
    >>
    >> The more successful searching you do, the better you get to be at it.

    > FYI, idiot, many of the record labels that were in existance in the
    > sixties have long gone into the history books. Mary Wells was but one of
    > thousands of artists who were never paid a dime. The guy who owned her
    > record label literally ran off with not only the profits, but the
    > records as well.
    >
    > I personally know of a guy that happened to. It just so happened I was
    > given a copy of his record. When he told me what happened, he wanted the
    > copy as that would be the only one he ever had.
    >
    > Most music sites today, if the copyright law is adhered too, is in
    > violation. Specially if they charge for the copy.
    >
    > When you buy a CD in a store, that is perfectly legal. But when you buy
    > a copy from a website, is it legal? How do I know I'm not paying for a
    > pirated copy?

    Your the idiot. if the site is legit they pay a royalty fee to the owner
    of the music.

    Meat Plow, Nov 27, 2010
  14. richard the sto0pid wrote:

    > Most music sites today, if the copyright law is adhered too, is in
    > violation. Specially if they charge for the copy.

    You've probably missed all the advertising about the Beatles' tunes now
    being available on iTunes. You gonna sue 'em for copyright infringement?
    Wake up. A deal was made with the copyright owner to iTunes, and yes, it
    is legal.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 27, 2010
  15. olfart

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:51:15 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:32:46 -0700, richard wrote:

    >>> I think it is part of the duty of the free media hunter to find his
    >>> own.
    >>>
    >>> Part of the way you learn how to find the next thing you want is from
    >>> having searched for the last thing you wanted and from searching for
    >>> the current thing you want.
    >>>
    >>> The more successful searching you do, the better you get to be at it.

    >> FYI, idiot, many of the record labels that were in existance in the
    >> sixties have long gone into the history books. Mary Wells was but one of
    >> thousands of artists who were never paid a dime. The guy who owned her
    >> record label literally ran off with not only the profits, but the
    >> records as well.
    >>
    >> I personally know of a guy that happened to. It just so happened I was
    >> given a copy of his record. When he told me what happened, he wanted the
    >> copy as that would be the only one he ever had.
    >>
    >> Most music sites today, if the copyright law is adhered too, is in
    >> violation. Specially if they charge for the copy.
    >>
    >> When you buy a CD in a store, that is perfectly legal. But when you buy
    >> a copy from a website, is it legal? How do I know I'm not paying for a
    >> pirated copy?

    > Your << you're >> the idiot. if the site is legit they pay a royalty fee to the owner
    > of the music.

    and just how is one to pay royalties to an owner who does not exist?

    richard, Nov 27, 2010
  16. olfart

    M.L. Guest

    >>> The more successful searching you do, the better you get to be at it.

    >> There are a great many things that do not now and will not ever again
    >> exist in their original physical form.

    >If you listen to the ogg or the mp3 of that song here^1, you can 'hear'
    >that the digital sampling was ripped from a needle tracking a vinyl
    >groove and then cleaned up digitally to eliminate 'record noises'.
    >
    >^1 http://www.archive.org/details/MaryWells-01-50

    That site has misattributed a lot of songs to Mary Wells that were in
    fact sung by others.

    Baby It's You - The Shirelles
    It's In His Kiss (The Shoop Shoop Song) - Betty Everett
    Don't Mess With Bill - The Marvelettes
    You Really Got A Hold On Me - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

    In fact I don't think most of the songs in that list were sung by
    Wells.

    M.L., Nov 27, 2010
  17. olfart

    G. Morgan Guest

    Mike Easter <> wrote:

    >I don't understand why you are calling me an idiot while you are the one
    >who can't find the copy and I can.
    >
    >Is there something wrong with you?
    >
    >I didn't say a word about copyright and you are carrying on about it and
    >acting rude and calling names.

    He did the same thing to me yesterday.

    --
    You'll be Ok, Enjoy. Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
    vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo

    G. Morgan, Nov 28, 2010
  18. olfart

    iL_weReo Guest

    On Nov 27, 1:21 pm, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:34:01 -0500, olfart wrote:
    > >http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/130763-homeland-

    > security-dept-seizes-domain-names-
    >
    > Illegal downloads of music have wrecked the recording industry.
    >
    > But I think DHS  should be chasing illegal immigrants first.
    >
    > --
    > Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    The question is, who the **** would be stupid enough to BUY any music
    downloads now that "the highpoint of the evening is here" Nuclear
    Warrior and the California Jam Wereo and the Lifshine? I am the only
    one who matters in music and film and sports, thank you.

    iL_weReo, Nov 28, 2010
  19. olfart

    Artcinco Guest

    In article <z1CIo.45931$>,
    "WeReo_BoY" <> wrote:

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:34:01 -0500, olfart wrote:
    > >
    > >> http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/130763-homeland-securit
    > >> y-dept-seizes-domain-names-

    > > More misleading journalism. The copyright issues seem to be more with
    > > fraudulently made and imported goods rather than music. The 3 sites
    > > mentioned were all registered in china.
    > >
    > > I don't believe ICE and DHS has the authority to crack down on copyright
    > > issues as that falls into another department. But hey, those DHS assholes
    > > will do anything to get their names mentioned.
    > >

    > You're a douchebag, you're a scumbag.

    ...and u r an AIDS INFECTED ASS CANCER'd DISEADED PEDOPHILE

    Artcinco, Nov 29, 2010
  20. olfart

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 17:47:40 -0600, M.L. wrote:

    > It's In His Kiss (The Shoop Shoop Song) - Betty Everett

    Nope. Merry Clayton recorded the original. She also sang backing on the
    Rolling Stones track 'Gimme Shelter', later releasing an album of her own
    by that name, and containing her own (pretty good) version of the song.

    You can also hear her voice on Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Sweet Home Alabama',
    among her many credits.

    Aardvark, Nov 29, 2010