    eugene Guest

    I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can save
    this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a CD?

    eugene, Sep 20, 2007

  2. eugene wrote:
    > I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can save
    > this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a CD?

    Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
    we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 20, 2007

  3. eugene

    eugene Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > eugene wrote:
    >> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can
    >> save this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a
    >> CD?

    > Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
    > we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

    If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be copied
    as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable question
    but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity to let us
    all know exactly how sad you are!

    eugene, Sep 20, 2007
  4. eugene

    meerkat Guest

    "eugene" <> wrote in message

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> eugene wrote:
    >>> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way
    >>> I can save this concert onto my PC.....................like I
    >>> would do with a CD?

    >> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next
    >> week, we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

    > If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be
    > copied as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a
    > reasonable question but then sad old cynics like yourself always
    > love an opportunity to let us all know exactly how sad you are!

    Audio/Video concert, or just Audio ?.

    meerkat, Sep 20, 2007
  5. eugene

    eugene Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "eugene" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
    >>> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

    >> If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be
    >> copied as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable
    >> question but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity
    >> to let us all know exactly how sad you are!

    > Audio/Video concert, or just Audio ?.

    It's audio/video. Neil Young's incredible Prairie Wind concert in Nashville
    earlier this year. I own the DVD so I'm not doing anything illegal. It's
    just that there are a couple of tracks I would like to copy and link them to
    a forum for some friends of mine.

    eugene, Sep 20, 2007
  6. eugene

    meerkat Guest

    "eugene" <> wrote in message

    > "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "eugene" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    >>> If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't
    >>> be copied as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a
    >>> reasonable question but then sad old cynics like yourself always
    >>> love an opportunity to let us all know exactly how sad you are!

    >> Audio/Video concert, or just Audio ?.
    >>

    > It's audio/video. Neil Young's incredible Prairie Wind concert in
    > Nashville earlier this year. I own the DVD so I'm not doing anything
    > illegal. It's just that there are a couple of tracks I would like to
    > copy and link them to a forum for some friends of mine.

    I think your best bet it to use DVDshrink, to get it onto your
    Hdrive.
    Professional DVDs need to be `reduced` to fit onto our ordinary
    DVDs, and DVDshrink will do that for you.
    Go here to read, and d/load it.
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

    bw..

    meerkat, Sep 20, 2007
  7. eugene wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> eugene wrote:
    >>> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can
    >>> save this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a
    >>> CD?

    >> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
    >> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

    > If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be copied
    > as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable question
    > but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity to let us
    > all know exactly how sad you are!

    I've copied and pasted hundreds of times, works fine for me. Then again,
    I'm not stupid.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 20, 2007
  8. eugene

    Top Guest

    eugene wrote:

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> eugene wrote:
    >>> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can
    >>> save this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a
    >>> CD?

    >> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
    >> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

    > If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be copied
    > as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable question
    > but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity to let us
    > all know exactly how sad you are!

    Why not explain what help you need. You give no information about your
    OS or what your configration is. No, you are wrnog, you are stupid for
    trying to bite the hand that can help you.

    Top

    Top, Sep 20, 2007
  9. eugene wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> eugene wrote:
    >>> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can
    >>> save this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a
    >>> CD?

    >> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
    >> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

    > If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be copied
    > as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable question
    > but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity to let us
    > all know exactly how sad you are!

    Okay, here's the slightly longer answer. And you are absolutely correct,
    I am sad and lonely, but that's not why I answered the way I did. You
    *can* copy the .vob files over and it's really just that easy. But
    assuming you've not trained your video player to recognize them, you may
    have to change the file extension name to .mpg or .avi to get them to
    play. Now that's not really all that difficult, is it?

    Now it's another matter if the files are encrypted, that's why I
    mentioned "ripping". Someone else is giving you good advice on
    decrypting the files. I hope you have good luck with the project.

    - old cynic

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 20, 2007
  10. eugene

    Tanel Kagan Guest

    > Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
    > we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

    And does the phrase "you obviously don't have a clue" mean anything to you?
    You can't stick a DVD in, hit Ctrl + C, then paste it somewhere.

    Next week, we'll go into "how to humiliate yourself in the newsgroups" as
    topic of the day.

    Tanel.

    Tanel Kagan, Sep 20, 2007
  11. Tanel Kagan wrote:
    >> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
    >> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

    > And does the phrase "you obviously don't have a clue" mean anything to you?
    > You can't stick a DVD in, hit Ctrl + C, then paste it somewhere.
    >
    > Next week, we'll go into "how to humiliate yourself in the newsgroups" as
    > topic of the day.
    >
    > Tanel.

    Thank you, moron, I'll try to remember everything you've taught me. I'll
    go ahead and do what I've been doing for years, you go ahead and keep
    feeding out that good info.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 20, 2007
  12. eugene

    eugene Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > eugene wrote:
    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
    >>> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

    >> If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be
    >> copied as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable
    >> question but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity
    >> to let us all know exactly how sad you are!

    > Okay, here's the slightly longer answer. And you are absolutely correct, I
    > am sad and lonely, but that's not why I answered the way I did. You *can*
    > copy the .vob files over and it's really just that easy. But assuming
    > you've not trained your video player to recognize them, you may have to
    > change the file extension name to .mpg or .avi to get them to play. Now
    > that's not really all that difficult, is it?
    >
    > Now it's another matter if the files are encrypted, that's why I mentioned
    > "ripping". Someone else is giving you good advice on decrypting the files.
    > I hope you have good luck with the project.
    >
    > - old cynic

    Okay Roger. I'm still working on it but with little success. Maybe i'll just
    tell my friends to go buy it themselves. the photography and filming is
    stupendous in it ............... and of course......the music is
    mind-blowing! Thanks.

    eugene, Sep 20, 2007
  13. eugene

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:09:18 +0100, "eugene" <> wrote:

    >"Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> Okay, here's the slightly longer answer. And you are absolutely correct, I
    >> am sad and lonely, but that's not why I answered the way I did. You *can*
    >> copy the .vob files over and it's really just that easy. But assuming
    >> you've not trained your video player to recognize them, you may have to
    >> change the file extension name to .mpg or .avi to get them to play. Now
    >> that's not really all that difficult, is it?
    >>
    >> Now it's another matter if the files are encrypted, that's why I mentioned
    >> "ripping". Someone else is giving you good advice on decrypting the files.
    >> I hope you have good luck with the project.
    >>
    >> - old cynic

    >Okay Roger. I'm still working on it but with little success. Maybe i'll just
    >tell my friends to go buy it themselves. the photography and filming is
    >stupendous in it ............... and of course......the music is
    >mind-blowing! Thanks.

    I've copied the entire contents of a DVD to a folder on my desktop before. Not
    only did it run perfectly there, it also ran fine when I burned it as the backup
    copy of the DVD. There are also several .vob to .mpeg or .avi converters, if
    that's what the file is (I haven't followed the thread.) A google search will
    show you.

    --
    A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
    store saying "There's something wrong with it.  I keep hitting my

    Mara, Sep 21, 2007
  14. eugene

    Thip Guest

    "eugene" <> wrote in message

    > "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "eugene" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    >>> If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be
    >>> copied as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable
    >>> question but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an
    >>> opportunity to let us all know exactly how sad you are!

    >> Audio/Video concert, or just Audio ?.
    >>

    > It's audio/video. Neil Young's incredible Prairie Wind concert in
    > Nashville earlier this year. I own the DVD so I'm not doing anything
    > illegal. It's just that there are a couple of tracks I would like to copy
    > and link them to a forum for some friends of mine.

    If you're just looking to extract the audio, do a Google for "extract DVD
    audio" or something along those lines. I believe there are a couple
    freeware apps out there that do just that. I haven't tried it for a long
    time, but as I recall, I had to rip the DVD to my hard drive first (used DVD
    Decrypter), then extracted the audio from the image.

    Thip, Sep 21, 2007
  15. eugene

    eugene Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:09:18 +0100, "eugene" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    > <snip>
    >
    >>> Okay, here's the slightly longer answer. And you are absolutely correct,
    >>> am sad and lonely, but that's not why I answered the way I did. You
    >>> *can*
    >>> copy the .vob files over and it's really just that easy. But assuming
    >>> you've not trained your video player to recognize them, you may have to
    >>> change the file extension name to .mpg or .avi to get them to play. Now
    >>> that's not really all that difficult, is it?
    >>>
    >>> Now it's another matter if the files are encrypted, that's why I
    >>> mentioned
    >>> "ripping". Someone else is giving you good advice on decrypting the
    >>> files.
    >>> I hope you have good luck with the project.
    >>>
    >>> - old cynic

    >>Okay Roger. I'm still working on it but with little success. Maybe i'll
    >>just
    >>tell my friends to go buy it themselves. the photography and filming is
    >>stupendous in it ............... and of course......the music is
    >>mind-blowing! Thanks.

    > I've copied the entire contents of a DVD to a folder on my desktop before.
    > Not
    > only did it run perfectly there, it also ran fine when I burned it as the
    > backup
    > copy of the DVD. There are also several .vob to .mpeg or .avi converters,
    > if
    > that's what the file is (I haven't followed the thread.) A google search
    > will
    > show you.

    Can you elaborate on that? How did you copy it to a folder? I did that as
    Roger first suggested and the folders files were all either BUP or VOB. I
    then converted the largest file showing (from vob to avi). I converted it to
    AVI. When I played that it was only the intro to the movie with the DVD menu
    for playing etc. The rest of the movie wasn't there or at least, I couldn't
    figure out what to do next.

    eugene, Sep 21, 2007
  16. eugene

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:34:18 +0100, "eugene" <> wrote:

    >"Mara" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:09:18 +0100, "eugene" <>
    >> wrote:

    <snip>
    >> I've copied the entire contents of a DVD to a folder on my desktop before.
    >> Not
    >> only did it run perfectly there, it also ran fine when I burned it as the
    >> backup
    >> copy of the DVD. There are also several .vob to .mpeg or .avi converters,
    >> if
    >> that's what the file is (I haven't followed the thread.) A google search
    >> will
    >> show you.

    >Can you elaborate on that? How did you copy it to a folder? I did that as
    >Roger first suggested and the folders files were all either BUP or VOB. I
    >then converted the largest file showing (from vob to avi). I converted it to
    >AVI. When I played that it was only the intro to the movie with the DVD menu
    >for playing etc. The rest of the movie wasn't there or at least, I couldn't
    >figure out what to do next.

    I just made a new folder on my desktop. Didn't even name it. Then I "explored"
    the DVD, highlighted the whole nine yards, and copied the entire contents to
    that folder.

    >> --
    >> A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
    >> store saying "There's something wrong with it. I keep hitting my
    >> thumb." --JB, in the Monastery

    ^^^^^^^^^^
    If you are not currently running OEQuotefix, please do so at the first
    opportunity. I shouldn't be seeing my own sig being quoted.

    Mara, Sep 21, 2007
  17. eugene

    eugene Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message

    > If you are not currently running OEQuotefix, please do so at the first
    > opportunity. I shouldn't be seeing my own sig being quoted.

    Never heard of it!

    eugene, Sep 21, 2007