    I know most will be P&S and the transfers inferior but it might be better
    than watching them disappear.
    -Rich

    Richard, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Richard

    Impmon Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm not suggesting doing this to avoid buying a VHS tape, which may be
    > moot anyway given their inevitable demise, but it occurs to me that given
    > there are 120,000 movies on VHS and that some may never come to DVD via
    > studio release, perhaps archiving them on DVD would be a good idea?
    > I know most will be P&S and the transfers inferior but it might be better
    > than watching them disappear.
    > -Rich

    www.dvdrhelp.com has tutorials including capturing video and making DVDs.

    Some movies simply won't be made available on DVD (perhaps the most desired
    unavailable movie is Song of the South) I have a hit list of VHS movies I
    would like to replace with DVD that are still unreleased. It's close to 200
    movies total and not counting TV shows.

    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    Impmon, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Richard

    drsd2kill Guest

    I transferred my MAJOR AND THE MINOR VHS to DVD and it is pretty nice - made
    menus for it too - I have also transferred some of my Laserdiscs with very
    respectable results - such as THE INNOCENTS

    drsd2kill, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    (drsd2kill) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I transferred my MAJOR AND THE MINOR VHS to DVD and it is pretty nice - made
    > menus for it too - I have also transferred some of my Laserdiscs with very
    > respectable results - such as THE INNOCENTS

    Sounds like a good idea. Then they can be dispensed with once DVD releases
    come out provided the DVD releases aren't lacking in any dept.
    -Rich

    Richard, Jan 8, 2004