    guess I need software too?

    Anyone got any recommendations, please?

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Mike

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Mike posted ...

    > I would like to copy some old VHS cassette films to DVD to preserve
    > them.
    >
    > I have the burning side sorted through my PC and have a spare VCR.
    > What is the minimum I need to get the VHS signal into my PC?
    >
    > I have seen USB things on Ebay etc. which suggest they only transfer
    > at 640X480 (smaller than TV?) and would go for a new video card if
    > necessary. I guess I need software too?
    >
    > Anyone got any recommendations, please?
    >
    > Mike

    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/VideoEditing.asp?Family=24&Langue_ID=2

    Whatever your wallet will stand ...

    A decent card is paramount if you want to retain full screen and full
    quality.

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:
    > Mike posted ...
    >
    >> I would like to copy some old VHS cassette films to DVD to preserve
    >> them.
    >>
    >> I have the burning side sorted through my PC and have a spare VCR.
    >> What is the minimum I need to get the VHS signal into my PC?
    >>
    >> I have seen USB things on Ebay etc. which suggest they only transfer
    >> at 640X480 (smaller than TV?) and would go for a new video card if
    >> necessary. I guess I need software too?
    >>
    >> Anyone got any recommendations, please?
    >>
    >> Mike

    > http://www.pinnaclesys.com/VideoEditing.asp?Family=24&Langue_ID=2
    >
    > Whatever your wallet will stand ...
    >
    > A decent card is paramount if you want to retain full screen and full
    > quality.

    Thank you. Will follow this up.

    Mike, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Mike

    Smiley Guest

    There is a great product that comes with a capture card and software
    from adaptec check the stores

    Smiley, Feb 20, 2004