    I use Nero to copy disks but why does windows offer to copy disks
    where it can't. What's worse it says its copying them but when I take
    the disk to another computer the disk is blank
    flamestar, Nov 22, 2010

  2. flamestar

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Try burnaware free.
    It is lighter, simpler and gets the job done for free.
    http://www.burnaware.com/downloads.html
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 22, 2010

  3. flamestar

    flamestar Guest

    I was using widows 7. It came with trial software for burning DVDs but
    it time expired. I was running nero but I when the DVD was installed a
    window came up and do you want to burn the DVD with windows. Then I
    copy the files I wanted to save to the window and asked it to burn the
    DVDs and it said it was doing it. Later when I moved the DVD to
    another computer the DVD was empty. This has happens ever since
    burning a CD was possible. I had the same problem in XP. The big
    problem is it says it can do it and it can;t and it says it did it and
    it didn't.

    On Nov 22, 12:49 pm, "R. C. White" <> wrote:
    > ?Hi, Flamestar.
    >
    > Which Windows?
    >
    > Win7 does a much better job than WinXP.  In WinXP (as I recall; it's been
    > years since I ran WinXP), a "burn" actually created a file on the HDD, and
    > it took one more step to transfer the video or data or other bits from that
    > cache file to the optical disk.
    >
    > Even in Win7, there are several different ways to burn a disk.  And apps
    > such as Windows Live Photo Gallery and Movie Maker add other ways to burn
    > disks.  You would have a much better chance of getting a good answer if you
    > give us just a few more details.  Since this NG is dedicated to 64-bit
    > Windows, you might also stand a better chance in a NG dedicated to optical
    > media.
    >
    > RC
    > --

    I am talking about windows 7. My computer came with a trial version
    of DVD software.

    flamestar, Nov 25, 2010
  4. flamestar

    flamestar Guest

    On Nov 22, 3:51 pm, Chuck <> wrote:
    > Actually, CD/DVD burning in Win 7 is not what it should be. Lack of
    > information, confusing interim results, etc. are the main problems.
    > Win XP was about as bad, at least until a reasonably easy to use front
    > end program is obtained.
    >
    > I always was of the opinion that Microsoft is/was trying to stay out of
    > the copying and court debacles.
    >
    > On 11/22/2010 12:49 PM, R. C. White wrote:
    >
    > > ?Hi, Flamestar.

    > > Which Windows?

    I had the problem with XP Vista and Windows 7. It said it can copy and
    it can't.

    flamestar, Nov 25, 2010
  5. flamestar

    Kue2 Guest