    If not, can anyone suggest how I can safely copy them?
    Thanks for any help.
    Tommy T.

    Tommy T, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Tommy T

    Mr. Smiley Guest

    Tommy T wrote:
    > I need to replace some Windows system files on my C drive with earlier
    > copies kept on an external USB hard disk.
    > I cannot copy them back to the C drive using MS Dos at it does not
    > support USB.
    > Would it be safe to copy them from the USB disk to the C drive using
    > Windows Safe Mode?
    > If not, can anyone suggest how I can safely copy them?
    > Thanks for any help.
    > Tommy T.

    Why not copy them to a temp dir on Drive C 1st? Use regular mode. Then you
    could copy them by using a bootable floppy in case some files would be in
    use in DOS or Win mode.

    --
    the abominable toner

    http://www.hal-pc.org/~toner27/

    Mr. Smiley, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Tommy T

    °Mike° Guest

    How about using the System File Checker?

    On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:13:47 -0000, in
    <bodae5$pmc$>
    Tommy T scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Howdy!

    "Tommy T" <> wrote in message
    > I need to replace some Windows system files on my C drive with earlier
    > copies kept on an external USB hard disk.
    > I cannot copy them back to the C drive using MS Dos at it does not
    > support USB.
    > Would it be safe to copy them from the USB disk to the C drive using
    > Windows Safe Mode?

    Nope.

    > If not, can anyone suggest how I can safely copy them?

    Copy them to a stage directory on the HD, then boot up in MSDOS
    mode, and move them to where they need to be.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 7, 2003