  1. What do you use when you want to occasionally copy files from your
    harddisk to cdroms - that is, jpgs, mp3s, word/excel documents? Do
    you just use Windows Explorer? (I use XP)

    Richard Fangnail, Aug 22, 2007

  2. Richard Fangnail

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:49:50 -0700, Richard Fangnail wrote:

    >What do you use when you want to occasionally copy files from your
    >harddisk to cdroms - that is, jpgs, mp3s, word/excel documents? Do
    >you just use Windows Explorer? (I use XP)

    Wouldn't use a CD for 'occasionally; but it would beNero 6. why?

    Or Ashampoo Burning Studio v7. A UK computer magazine had v6 and a cheap
    upgrade path.The upgrade to v7 and a 2nd license cost less than the time
    to register it, download and install as well as paying for it. That is
    due to the excellent UK sterling v US dollar rate for the last few
    months.

    Me

    why?, Aug 22, 2007

  3. On Aug 22, 12:53 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:49:50 -0700, Richard Fangnail wrote:
    > >What do you use when you want to occasionally copy files from your
    > >harddisk to cdroms - that is, jpgs, mp3s, word/excel documents? Do
    > >you just use Windows Explorer? (I use XP)

    > Wouldn't use a CD for 'occasionally; but it would beNero 6. why?
    >
    > Or Ashampoo Burning Studio v7. A UK computer magazine had v6 and a cheap
    > upgrade path.The upgrade to v7 and a 2nd license cost less than the time
    > to register it, download and install as well as paying for it. That is
    > due to the excellent UK sterling v US dollar rate for the last few
    > months.
    >
    > Me

    Nero

    Why?

    Its cheap, it works, and its not bloated.

    I've been able to find Nero Express for 2$ @ pricewatch.com

    someone on the internet, Aug 22, 2007
  4. Richard Fangnail

    PeeCee Guest

    "Richard Fangnail" <> wrote in message
    > What do you use when you want to occasionally copy files from your
    > harddisk to cdroms - that is, jpgs, mp3s, word/excel documents? Do
    > you just use Windows Explorer? (I use XP)

    Richard

    If you want to copy files to a 'CDR' then either use the built in XP burning
    facility by dragging and droping the files to the CD drive in Windows
    Explorer. The Wizard should pop up and guide you through the process.
    or
    If you want more control over the burning process use the burning software
    that came bundled with your PC eg Nero or Roxio.
    Note Nero or Roxio usually turns off XP's burning Wizard.

    If you want to copy files to a 'CDRW' (ReWriteable or Erasable CD) then
    provided the 'Packet writing' software from Nero, Roxio etc is installed
    then all you have to do is drag and drop in Windows Explorer.
    Note the CDRW will need to be formatted first.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Richard Fangnail

    Plato Guest

    Richard Fangnail wrote:

    > What do you use when you want to occasionally copy files from your
    > harddisk to cdroms - that is, jpgs, mp3s, word/excel documents? Do
    > you just use Windows Explorer? (I use XP)

    I just use Nero.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 23, 2007