    Is there anyway we can prevent people from copying (right click and save
    image as) from Picasa web albums.

    If not...is there some place we can go to have this feature.

    Zork152, Dec 30, 2007

  2. Zork152

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:10:49 GMT, "Zork152" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there anyway we can prevent people from copying (right click and save
    >image as) from Picasa web albums.

    Don't know. Don't have a Picsasa Web account. Did you look in like
    Options?

    >If not...is there some place we can go to have this feature.

    Honestly? No.

    If I want your pictures, I'll get them. Are there sites that disable
    the right click, Save As? Well, for IE maybe. But that can be bypassed
    so easily. Don't worry about it.

    Evan Platt, Dec 30, 2007

  3. Zork152

    Guest

    , Dec 30, 2007
  4. Zork152

    richard Guest

    wrote:

    >Is there anyway we can prevent people from copying (right click and save
    >image as) from Picasa web albums.
    >
    >If not...is there some place we can go to have this feature.

    Slap something idenifiable across the face so it cannot be removed
    without damaging the image.
    I don't need to right click. As I already have the image on my
    machine.
    I could just as easily do a "print screen" and save it that way.
    Find the image on my temp internet list and transfer to another file
    folder.

    richard, Dec 30, 2007
  5. Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:10:49 GMT, "Zork152"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there anyway we can prevent people from copying (right
    >>click and save image as) from Picasa web albums.

    > Don't know. Don't have a Picsasa Web account. Did you look in
    > like Options?
    >
    >>If not...is there some place we can go to have this feature.

    > Honestly? No.
    >
    > If I want your pictures, I'll get them. Are there sites that
    > disable the right click, Save As? Well, for IE maybe. But that
    > can be bypassed so easily. Don't worry about it.

    Not as easily as you think; it CAN be defeated, and all you can
    do is a screen capture of the image. And that's low res.

    Picasa does not have this option, but Flickr does.

    --
    }:) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    I've had enough... AOL managed to turn a great
    browser into... into... NS6.|[posted to Netscape Feedback]

    Christopher Jahn, Dec 30, 2007
  6. Zork152

    Guest

    Christopher Jahn <> wrote:

    >> If I want your pictures, I'll get them. Are there sites that
    >> disable the right click, Save As? Well, for IE maybe. But that
    >> can be bypassed so easily. Don't worry about it.

    >Not as easily as you think; it CAN be defeated, and all you can
    >do is a screen capture of the image. And that's low res.

    Opera and FF, just grab them out of the cache, get what was posted -
    easy.

    --

    Cloud factory
    http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1543561453&size=l

    , Dec 30, 2007
  7. Zork152

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:40:56 -0800, wrote:

    >Opera and FF, just grab them out of the cache, get what was posted -
    >easy.

    Not always.. I've seen a few sites that display photos via shockwave
    or some other 'odd' method. Made stealing their pics a tad more
    difficult - especially when the full size image went beyond the
    resolution of my monitor. Cut, paste, cut, paste, etc.

    Evan Platt, Dec 30, 2007
  8. wrote in

    > Christopher Jahn <> wrote:
    >
    >>> If I want your pictures, I'll get them. Are there sites that
    >>> disable the right click, Save As? Well, for IE maybe. But
    >>> that can be bypassed so easily. Don't worry about it.

    >>Not as easily as you think; it CAN be defeated, and all you
    >>can do is a screen capture of the image. And that's low res.

    > Opera and FF, just grab them out of the cache, get what was
    > posted - easy.

    Not really. Some sites don't cache the photos; you end up with an
    empty .gif

    It's all sleight of hand.

    --
    }:) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    Do not be led astray onto the path of virtue.

    Christopher Jahn, Dec 31, 2007