Copying MP3 files to an MP3 Player

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Paul Blarmy, Jan 20, 2008.

  1. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    I have tries Winamp, MediaMonkey and WMP to transfer selected music to
    my MP3 player. Whilst they are all able to do this the file transfer
    rate is very slow. Drag and drop through Windows Explorer is about 10
    times as fast!

    Is there a way or a program (freeware) that will allow me to burn a
    playlist contents directly to my MP3 player without having to go through
    the Winamp, MM, WMP interface?

    As a workaround I can copy the required files to a new folder then copy
    the contents of that but this seems overkill for what should be a
    straightforward job. I want to create the playlist and then use that to
    identify the required files and to copy those files directly to my MP3
    player as quickly as possible.

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    EMail address is disposable and never checked.
    Registered Linux user #439066.
    Paul Blarmy, Jan 20, 2008

  2. Paul Blarmy

    dadiOH Guest

    Paul Blarmy wrote:
    > I have tries Winamp, MediaMonkey and WMP to transfer selected music
    > to my MP3 player. Whilst they are all able to do this the file
    > transfer rate is very slow. Drag and drop through Windows Explorer
    > is about 10 times as fast!
    >
    > Is there a way or a program (freeware) that will allow me to burn a
    > playlist contents directly to my MP3 player without having to go
    > through the Winamp, MM, WMP interface?

    Copy, not burn. No idea how speedy it is.

    http://www.amok.am/en/freeware/amok_playlist_copy/

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Jan 20, 2008

  3. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:45:56 GMT, dadiOH wrote...

    > > Is there a way or a program (freeware) that will allow me to burn a
    > > playlist contents directly to my MP3 player without having to go
    > > through the Winamp, MM, WMP interface?

    > Copy, not burn. No idea how speedy it is.
    >
    > http://www.amok.am/en/freeware/amok_playlist_copy/

    Yes, copy not burn - my mistake.

    Excellent dadiOH, truly just what I wanted and does the job very
    quickly, certainly as quick as drag'n'drop and loads faster than the
    media library programs.

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 20, 2008
  4. Paul Blarmy

    dadiOH Guest

    Paul Blarmy wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:45:56 GMT, dadiOH wrote...
    >
    >>> Is there a way or a program (freeware) that will allow me to burn
    >>> a playlist contents directly to my MP3 player without having to go
    >>> through the Winamp, MM, WMP interface?

    >> Copy, not burn. No idea how speedy it is.
    >>
    >> http://www.amok.am/en/freeware/amok_playlist_copy/

    > Yes, copy not burn - my mistake.
    >
    > Excellent dadiOH, truly just what I wanted and does the job very
    > quickly, certainly as quick as drag'n'drop and loads faster than the
    > media library programs.

    Consider that you may be using the wrong media library program(s).
    Myself, I like simple things like MP3 database managers rather than
    high falutin' "media library" managers :)

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Jan 20, 2008
  5. On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:37:21 GMT, Paul Blarmy wrote:

    > EMail address is disposable and never checked.

    MyLifeWare <sigh>
    --
    See Brenda's UniWorldWare
    http://tinyurl.com/nm2yt
    Krazee Brenda, Jan 21, 2008
  6. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:59:49 GMT, dadiOH wrote...

    > Consider that you may be using the wrong media library program(s).
    > Myself, I like simple things like MP3 database managers rather than
    > high falutin' "media library" managers :)

    Sounds good. Can you recommend a decent freeware one please?

    Thanks again.

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 21, 2008
  7. Paul Blarmy

    dadiOH Guest

    Paul Blarmy wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:59:49 GMT, dadiOH wrote...
    >
    >> Consider that you may be using the wrong media library program(s).
    >> Myself, I like simple things like MP3 database managers rather than
    >> high falutin' "media library" managers :)

    > Sounds good. Can you recommend a decent freeware one please?
    >
    > Thanks again.

    I use MP3Stock. There is a section on it in my dandies and some info
    on a handful of others as well. I like it because it is simple and
    fast. The DB can be created using the MP3 file names and/or tags but
    it is an old program and only uses v1 tags. NP IMO.

    The main deficiency, I think, is the lack of an innate ability to
    create sub-catagories under "genre". One can work around that by
    using the comment field. Another deficiency for some - not for me -
    is that it plays via Winamp.
    http://leif.cx/software/index.htm

    A program which I would seriously consider using if I were starting
    over is MP3Rat but it isn't free. Not expensive, just not free.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Jan 22, 2008
  8. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:33:01 GMT, dadiOH wrote...

    > I use MP3Stock. There is a section on it in my dandies and some info
    > on a handful of others as well. I like it because it is simple and
    > fast. The DB can be created using the MP3 file names and/or tags but
    > it is an old program and only uses v1 tags. NP IMO.

    Crashed out on my machine.

    > A program which I would seriously consider using if I were starting
    > over is MP3Rat but it isn't free. Not expensive, just not free.

    Interesting. According to their website this is being marked for 'end of
    life' as from 1st February. There is the same message on the order page.
    Wonder if this will be released as freeware or just abandonware?

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 25, 2008