  1. When the hard drive is copied whole to a new laptop Win both using Win XP I
    assume that the original hard drive still contains al the old data, am I
    correct.
    not hereplease@not here.com, May 17, 2004

  2. > When the hard drive is copied whole to a new laptop Win both using Win XP I
    > assume that the original hard drive still contains al the old data, am I
    > correct.

    Error: statement does not parse.

    Using the copy command should not move the data, unless your operating
    system is Fawlty.
    Alexander Rogge, May 17, 2004

  3. not hereplease@not here.com

    PC Guest

    "not hereplease@not here.com" <> wrote in message
    > When the hard drive is copied whole to a new laptop Win both using Win XP

    > assume that the original hard drive still contains al the old data, am I
    > correct.

    From the HyperDic, Online

    "Copy" Make a replica of.

    Compared to
    "Move" Cause to move, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense.

    Cheers
    PC, May 17, 2004
  4. not hereplease@not here.com

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Alexander Rogge" <> wrote in message
    > > When the hard drive is copied whole to a new laptop Win both using Win

    XP I
    > > assume that the original hard drive still contains al the old data, am I
    > > correct.

    > Error: statement does not parse.
    >
    > Using the copy command should not move the data, unless your operating
    > system is Fawlty.

    Fawlty - wasn't that the original name for Linux?

    Just kidding - don't flame me for that ;o)
    Toolman Tim, May 18, 2004
  5. not hereplease@not here.com

    docmill Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > "Alexander Rogge" <> wrote in message
    >> > When the hard drive is copied whole to a new laptop Win both using
    >> > Win

    > XP I
    >> > assume that the original hard drive still contains al the old data,
    >> > am I correct.

    >> Error: statement does not parse.
    >>
    >> Using the copy command should not move the data, unless your
    >> operating system is Fawlty.

    > Fawlty - wasn't that the original name for Linux?
    >
    > Just kidding - don't flame me for that ;o)

    TorvaldX
    He had to change the name, because with no vowel between the d and x,
    pronunciation became a dirty subject. And Vanna wasn't making a buck.

    --
    docmill, May 18, 2004