    Suggestions?

    Goodwill,
    Luke

    The Stone Crusher, Mar 13, 2009

  2. In message <49ba9cd1$0$20288$>, "The Stone Crusher" wrote:
    > I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I copied
    > two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find the file!
    >
    > XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    Maybe you should try copying it to the C:\ drive instead?
    File corruption happens, mate.

    ^_^

    y gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden
    surpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have bec
    me the instruments of tyranny at home."
    -James Madison

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 13, 2009

  3. The Stone Crusher

    PeeCee Guest

    "The Stone Crusher" <> wrote in message
    >I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I copied
    >two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find the file!
    >
    > XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    The path/filename may be to long.
    Max length for XP is 255 charachters.
    Try renaming some of the folders and the file to a sorter length names.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Mar 13, 2009
  4. The Stone Crusher

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:49:57 -0500, The Stone Crusher wrote:

    > I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I
    > copied two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find the
    > file!
    >
    > XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
    >
    > Suggestions?

    You'll need to format both the C: drive and the external HD.

    After that it'll work fine.

    Dan C, Mar 13, 2009
  5. §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    > In message <49ba9cd1$0$20288$>, "The Stone Crusher" wrote:
    >> I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I copied
    >> two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find the file!
    >>
    >> XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
    >>
    >> Suggestions?
    >>
    >> Goodwill,
    >> Luke
    >>

    > Maybe you should try copying it to the C:\ drive instead?
    > File corruption happens, mate.

    You dick brained imbecile §ñühw¤£f, you've only just upgraded
    beyond dial-up now you cannot stop yourself from posting crap!
    The OP is a phuckwit, but you are worse.
    The OP fails to state how external drive is connected, how he
    is trying to transfer, is he drag and dropping via explorer, or
    is he using a tool, what is producing the message etc.
    What is the file type, is it hidden/user prohibited/DRM/etc???
    The OP states he is trying to copy from external HD to C:
    but your only contribution is to correct him on a small point,
    you socially crippled inadequate braindead dogs arse.

    Whimsical Wendy, Mar 14, 2009
  6. philo wrote:
    > §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >> In message <49ba9cd1$0$20288$>, "The Stone Crusher" wrote:
    >>> I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I
    >>> copied two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find
    >>> the file!
    >>>
    >>> XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
    >>>
    >>> Suggestions?
    >>>
    >>> Goodwill,
    >>> Luke

    >> Maybe you should try copying it to the C:\ drive instead?
    >> File corruption happens, mate.
    >>
    >> ^_^
    >>

    > Maybe he has a Unix C: drive <<G>>

    Well its good to know that Dell has stepped up to the plate and actually
    started to sell linux on their machines...

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 14, 2009
  7. Whimsical Wendy wrote:
    > §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >> In message <49ba9cd1$0$20288$>, "The Stone Crusher" wrote:
    >>> I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I
    >>> copied two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find
    >>> the file!
    >>>
    >>> XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
    >>>
    >>> Suggestions?
    >>>
    >>> Goodwill,
    >>> Luke

    >> Maybe you should try copying it to the C:\ drive instead?
    >> File corruption happens, mate.
    >>

    > You dick brained imbecile §ñühw¤£f, you've only just upgraded
    > beyond dial-up now you cannot stop yourself from posting crap!
    > The OP is a phuckwit, but you are worse.

    <snif>
    :(

    > The OP fails to state how external drive is connected, how he
    > is trying to transfer, is he drag and dropping via explorer, or
    > is he using a tool, what is producing the message etc.
    > What is the file type, is it hidden/user prohibited/DRM/etc???
    > The OP states he is trying to copy from external HD to C:
    > but your only contribution is to correct him on a small point,
    > you socially crippled inadequate braindead dogs arse.

    You just maed teh Baby Jebus cry.

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 14, 2009