    I also tried dragging the files to the cd rw button, but that doesn't work
    Can someone help me with writing files to a cd

    Thanks.
    Kevin Buthorn, Jan 31, 2004

  2. I have a cd rom and a cdrw. I also have a zip drive..
    Can you help me with the procedure for copying files.
    Thanks

    Kevin Buthorn, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Kevin Buthorn

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Kevin Buthorn

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 02:27:21 +0000, Kevin Buthorn pecked at a keyboard in
    panic:

    > I have a cd rom and a cdrw. I also have a zip drive..
    > Can you help me with the procedure for copying files.
    > Thanks

    Easy. Hook up the Zip drive to the PC, boot off Knoppix and it should be
    detected and configured automatically. Click on the Zip icon on the
    desktop, look for the windows icon, click to open and you're away.
    Drag and drop. x-cdroast may be a bit tricky if you haven't
    used it before.

    Good luck.
    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Kevin Buthorn

    Patrick Guest

    Kevin Buthorn wrote:
    > I downloaded Knoppix and am able to boot my pc using the cd rom. I am
    > trying to recover files and copy them to a cd
    > Knoppix instructions indicate to click on the start button, and then
    > on system, and system again, then on a button labeled "Launch x-cd
    > roast"
    > I click on the start button and then system, but there is not another
    > selection for system.
    > I also tried dragging the files to the cd rw button, but that doesn't
    > work Can someone help me with writing files to a cd
    >
    > Thanks.

    Just a note; as far a *I understand*, Knoppix can't read an NTFS partition.
    Patrick, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Kevin Buthorn

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 03:37:02 +0000, Patrick pecked at a keyboard in panic:

    > Just a note; as far a *I understand*, Knoppix can't read an NTFS partition.

    It can't *write* to an NTFS partition safely, reading is fine.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 31, 2004
  7. It was on Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:12:14 +1100, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that B.Al.Zeebub wrote:

    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 02:27:21 +0000, Kevin Buthorn pecked at a keyboard in
    > panic:
    >
    >> I have a cd rom and a cdrw. I also have a zip drive.. Can you help me
    >> with the procedure for copying files. Thanks

    > Easy. Hook up the Zip drive to the PC, boot off Knoppix and it should be
    > detected and configured automatically. Click on the Zip icon on the
    > desktop, look for the windows icon, click to open and you're away. Drag
    > and drop. x-cdroast may be a bit tricky if you haven't used it before.
    >
    > Good luck.

    Doesn't Knoppix have K3b? I haven't used Knoppix, nor x-cdroast, but I
    find K3b very easy to use. As easy as Nero in fact...

    --
    Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
    Using linux at home, since 1998
    William Poaster, Jan 31, 2004
  8. Thanks for all your help.
    I was able to recover my files using Knoppix.
    Knoppix was able to read the NTFS partition, but it couldn't write to it.
    I recovered the files to my zip drive which Knoppix recognized as a hard
    drive. I had to change the properties to allow knoppix to write to it.

    Kevin Buthorn, Feb 1, 2004
  9. Kevin Buthorn

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:35:31 +0000, William Poaster pecked at a keyboard
    in panic:

    > It was on Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:12:14 +1100, just as I was halfway through a
    > large jam doughnut, that B.Al.Zeebub wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 02:27:21 +0000, Kevin Buthorn pecked at a keyboard in
    >> panic:
    >>
    >>> I have a cd rom and a cdrw. I also have a zip drive.. Can you help me
    >>> with the procedure for copying files. Thanks

    >> Easy. Hook up the Zip drive to the PC, boot off Knoppix and it should be
    >> detected and configured automatically. Click on the Zip icon on the
    >> desktop, look for the windows icon, click to open and you're away. Drag
    >> and drop. x-cdroast may be a bit tricky if you haven't used it before.
    >>
    >> Good luck.

    > Doesn't Knoppix have K3b? I haven't used Knoppix, nor x-cdroast, but I
    > find K3b very easy to use. As easy as Nero in fact...

    I never thought of that, silly me. I did find an excellent Knoppix How To
    here http://tinyurl.com/2rlkz courtesy of IBM.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Feb 1, 2004
  10. Kevin Buthorn

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:47:53 +0000, Kevin Buthorn pecked at a keyboard in
    relief:

    > Thanks for all your help.
    > I was able to recover my files using Knoppix.
    > Knoppix was able to read the NTFS partition, but it couldn't write to it.
    > I recovered the files to my zip drive which Knoppix recognized as a hard
    > drive. I had to change the properties to allow knoppix to write to it.

    Glad to be of assistance.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Feb 1, 2004