Copying files from Window 32 bit to Windows 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Paul D. Olsen, Dec 29, 2005.

  1. I have Windows 2003 x64 installed on my server and am having the following
    network problems:
    1. I am unable to map a drive from this server to a 32 bit XP Pro.
    2. I am able to map a drive from the 32 bit XP Pro to the 64 bit Windows
    2003 x64 bit server.
    a. With this map I am able to drag and drop files from the XP Pro to the
    x64 bit server.
    b. I am unable to drag and drop files from the x64 bit server to the XP
    Pro. The operation seems to time out with the message "The specified network
    name is no longer available."

    The motherboard vendor ASUS claims that this is a Microsoft OS problem. I
    had the same exact problem with the 64 bit of Windows XP.
    When I use the 32 bit version of Windows XP I do not have this problem (I am
    using a dual boot.)

    Can you give me a workaround or a suggested fix.

    The Windows XP Pro 32 bit is using SP2 and I have downloaded the latest
    fixes for the 64 bit server.
    I am using the latest LAN driver certified by Microsoft.

    Thanks for your help,
    Paul
    Paul D. Olsen, Dec 29, 2005