    back saying that the DVD is "copy protected."

    Thanks.

    Howie Doin

    Howie Doin, Apr 19, 2005

  2. Howie Doin

    crystalskull Guest

    You need to use DVDshrink or DVDdecrypter to remove protection. then you can
    burn. both are free to download.

    crystalskull, Apr 19, 2005

  3. Howie Doin

    Justin Guest

    Howie Doin wrote on [Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:23:59 GMT]:
    > Why is it that programs like Nero cannot copy some commercial movie DVDs
    > for archival purposes? When I try to copy such a movie, I get a message
    > back saying that the DVD is "copy protected."

    You answered your own question.

    Justin, Apr 19, 2005
  4. Howie Doin

    Large Farva Guest

    Copy protection keeps you from copying copy protected DVD's.

    Large Farva, Apr 19, 2005
  5. Howie Doin

    theyak Guest

    In article <Mo%8e.9160$>,
    says...
    > Copy protection keeps you from copying copy protected DVD's.

    Haha, no it doesn't. It does nothing.

    theyak, Apr 19, 2005
  6. Howie Doin

    Guest

    >Why is it that programs like Nero cannot copy some commercial movie
    >DVDs for archival purposes?

    Maybe because Nero, like the rest of Earth, knows you're full of shit
    vis-a-vis copying for "archival purposes" and enjoys making your
    pathetic thieving existence more difficult.

    , Apr 19, 2005
  7. Howie Doin

    DUH Guest

    For the average joe (Howie), it does.

    "theyak" <> wrote in message
    In article <Mo%8e.9160$>,
    says...

    DUH, Apr 19, 2005
  8. Howie Doin

    theyak Guest

    In article <hDf9e.7433$>,
    says...
    > For the average joe (Howie), it does.

    He comes here. He gets the information. He's copying. It did nothing.

    theyak, Apr 20, 2005
  9. Howie Doin

    Howie Doin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > >Why is it that programs like Nero cannot copy some commercial movie
    >>DVDs for archival purposes?

    > Maybe because Nero, like the rest of Earth, knows you're full of shit
    > vis-a-vis copying for "archival purposes" and enjoys making your
    > pathetic thieving existence more difficult.

    You are wrong. I know people like you - blatantly spewing crap without any
    proof. I bet you are way down the food chain.

    Howie

    Howie Doin, Apr 20, 2005
  10. Howie Doin

    Howie Doin Guest

    "crystalskull" <> wrote in message
    > You need to use DVDshrink or DVDdecrypter to remove protection. then you
    > can burn. both are free to download.
    >

    > "Howie Doin" <> wrote in message
    >> Why is it that programs like Nero cannot copy some commercial movie DVDs
    >> for archival purposes? When I try to copy such a movie, I get a message
    >> back saying that the DVD is "copy protected."
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Howie Doin

    Thank you, crystalskull. It worked.

    Howie Doin

    Howie Doin, Apr 20, 2005
  11. Howie Doin

    Howie Doin Guest

    "Large Farva" <> wrote in message
    > Copy protection keeps you from copying copy protected DVD's.

    Incorrect.

    Howie Doin

    Howie Doin, Apr 20, 2005
  12. Howie Doin

    Howie Doin Guest

    "theyak" <> wrote in message
    > In article <hDf9e.7433$>,
    > says...
    >> For the average joe (Howie), it does.

    > He comes here. He gets the information. He's copying. It did nothing.

    Correct, theyak, correct.

    Howie Doin

    Howie Doin, Apr 20, 2005
  13. Howie Doin

    Large Farva Guest

    "Howie Doin" <> wrote in message
    > "Large Farva" <> wrote in message
    >> Copy protection keeps you from copying copy protected DVD's.

    > Incorrect.

    Okay. Then why can't he do a direct disc to disc copy with Nero, genius?

    Large Farva, Apr 21, 2005
  14. Howie Doin

    Justin Guest

    Howie Doin wrote on [Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:52:49 GMT]:

    > "theyak" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <hDf9e.7433$>,
    >> says...
    >>> For the average joe (Howie), it does.

    >> He comes here. He gets the information. He's copying. It did nothing.

    > Correct, theyak, correct.

    Thief

    Justin, Apr 21, 2005
  15. Howie Doin

    Richard C. Guest

    "Howie Doin" <> wrote in message
    > Why is it that programs like Nero cannot copy some commercial movie DVDs
    > for archival purposes? When I try to copy such a movie, I get a message
    > back saying that the DVD is "copy protected."

    Because the movie is copy protected!

    Just buy the DVD. They are cheap!

    Richard C., Apr 22, 2005
  16. Howie Doin

    Richard C. Guest

    "Howie Doin" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    >> >Why is it that programs like Nero cannot copy some commercial movie
    >>>DVDs for archival purposes?

    >> Maybe because Nero, like the rest of Earth, knows you're full of shit
    >> vis-a-vis copying for "archival purposes" and enjoys making your
    >> pathetic thieving existence more difficult.

    > You are wrong. I know people like you - blatantly spewing crap without
    > any proof. I bet you are way down the food chain.
    >
    > Howie

    ======================================
    Those of us in the upper part of the food chain can actually BUY DVDs.

    Richard C., Apr 22, 2005
  17. Howie Doin

    Justin Guest

    Richard C. wrote on [Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:21:43 -0700]:

    > "Howie Doin" <> wrote in message
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Maybe because Nero, like the rest of Earth, knows you're full of shit
    >>> vis-a-vis copying for "archival purposes" and enjoys making your
    >>> pathetic thieving existence more difficult.

    >> You are wrong. I know people like you - blatantly spewing crap without
    >> any proof. I bet you are way down the food chain.
    >>
    >> Howie

    > Those of us in the upper part of the food chain can actually BUY DVDs.

    Or, with morals.

    Justin, Apr 22, 2005