    there a freeware app that will allow me to convert the files from PAL
    to NTSC after I Shrink them, and before I Decrypt them?

    Gwen
    Gwen Morse, Jul 28, 2005

  2. On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:21:07 -0400, Gwen Morse
    <> wrote:

    >My DVD collection was recently doubled when my Australian-born
    >boyfriend emigrated to the US to live with me. Unfortunately, his DVDs
    >are both registered to a different region (4), and have a different
    >image format (PAL).
    >
    >I was able to get around the region codes and burn movie-only versions
    >of some disks by using DVD43, DVD Shrink, and DVD Decrypter. However,
    >my standalone DVD player apparently can't handle the PAL content. Is
    >there a freeware app that will allow me to convert the files from PAL
    >to NTSC after I Shrink them, and before I Decrypt them?
    >
    >Gwen

    Go to Circit City and buy the cheapest DVD player you can find. It
    will play PAL discs to an NTSC TV and have an easy hack to bypass
    region protection. http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php Forget about
    wasting time "converting" DVDs from one standard and region to
    another, that's tricky even for experts.

    ... Steve ..
    Steve(JazzHunter), Jul 28, 2005

  3. > Go to Circit City and buy the cheapest DVD player you can find. It
    > will play PAL discs to an NTSC TV and have an easy hack to bypass
    > region protection. http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php Forget about
    > wasting time "converting" DVDs from one standard and region to
    > another, that's tricky even for experts.
    >
    > .. Steve ..

    This is very true. I have a total piece of crap DVD player (AMH or some
    such.. doesn't even have a display) I got from Circuit City for I
    believe $29 that was a secret remote code away from being totally
    region free and will play PAL discs on a NTSC display. I watch a lot of
    UK stuff and this works perfectly on my NTSC TV.

    If you can find a hackable APEX player, those are fairly nice as well.
    [Well, nice compared to other players in that $50 and under category]

    = numsix
    = http://www.villagebbs.com
    Jack (www.villagebbs.com), Jul 28, 2005