    program to convert the files.

    Any help would be a appreciated.

    Thanks
    ricknielsenshat, Jan 30, 2008

  2. ricknielsenshat

    Netmask Guest

    "ricknielsenshat" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi-
    >
    > Hopefully someone can help me.
    >
    > I copied a DVD to my hard drive using DVDVideoSoft. I have two
    > folders - AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS
    > with a bunch of VOB files. When I click a VOB file I can view the
    > film on my PC - it goes to the main menu.
    >
    > How do I convert these to be viewed on a standard DVD player? Is it
    > as simple as copying the files
    > to a DVD+R then playing in a dvd player. Or do I need to use a
    > program to convert the files.
    >
    > Any help would be a appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    You need to copy them onto a DVD-r or +r using the menu item in Nero 'DVD
    Video files'
    Netmask, Jan 30, 2008

  3. Thanks for the response. A friend of mine said use Nero 7. I
    downloaded it but it ended being my default almost for my whole
    system.

    I uninstalled the program. Should I reinstall Nero 7...is that the
    one that's free.

    Sorry to be a pest...if you could give me a little more info that'd be
    awesome.

    I'm basically burning my own dvds for my 5 year old....i don't want
    the actual dvds to
    get trashed. Hey, I like Mr. Bean too.

    ricknielsenshat, Jan 30, 2008
  4. ricknielsenshat

    Jeff Guest

    ricknielsenshat <> wrote in

    > Thanks for the response. A friend of mine said use Nero 7. I
    > downloaded it but it ended being my default almost for my whole
    > system.
    >
    > I uninstalled the program. Should I reinstall Nero 7...is that the
    > one that's free.
    >
    > Sorry to be a pest...if you could give me a little more info that'd be
    > awesome.
    >
    > I'm basically burning my own dvds for my 5 year old....i don't want
    > the actual dvds to
    > get trashed. Hey, I like Mr. Bean too.
    >

    > On Jan 29, 9:08 pm, "Netmask" <> wrote:
    >> "ricknielsenshat" <> wrote in message

    >> ..
    >>

    >> > Hi-

    >> > Hopefully someone can help me.

    >> > I copied a DVD to my hard drive using DVDVideoSoft.  I have two
    >> > folders - AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS
    >> > with a bunch of VOB files.  When I click a VOB file I can view the
    >> > film on my PC - it goes to the main menu.

    >> > How do I convert these to be viewed on a standard DVD player?  Is
    >> > it as simple as copying the files
    >> > to a DVD+R then playing in a dvd player.  Or do I need to use a
    >> > program to convert the files.

    >> > Any help would be a appreciated.

    >> > Thanks

    >> You need to copy them onto a DVD-r or +r using the menu item in Nero
    >> 'DVD Video files'- Hide quoted text -

    Imgburn is another (free) program that will do the job. Conversion is
    unnecessary as the files you have now are what you want to burn as-is.
    Jeff, Jan 30, 2008
  5. ricknielsenshat

    Lyrik Guest

    Den 30.01.2008 kl. 03:59 skrev ricknielsenshat <>:

    > Hi-
    >
    > Hopefully someone can help me.
    >
    > I copied a DVD to my hard drive using DVDVideoSoft. I have two
    > folders - AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS

    Those two folders are ready to burn on a DVD, when You remark the
    following:
    Q: Why does the burned DVD not work in my DVD Player?
    A: You have to burn a Video-DVD using the UDF file format which is only
    supported by CDBurnerXP 4.0 and higher (File → DVD Video layout).

    So You could get the free CDBurnerXP here:
    http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download

    And read some facts too!;-))) Nielsen? Your family from Danmark?-Me too
    brother. And the program is from Sverige.;-)
    --
    Greetings from Jens "Lyrik" Bech.
    Lyrik, Jan 30, 2008