    Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?

    TIA

    KB

    krazy Bob, Mar 3, 2006

  2. In article <dDVNf.884$>, says...
    > I have a personal copy of BF2 on dvd, and instead of having to leave my dvd
    > in the drive each time i play bf2, i would like to make a image of the disk
    > and put that on daemon tools and run bf2 from that.
    >
    > Using clone cd, creates an .dvd file which daemon doesn't reconise, changing
    > it to .iso creates a image file as such and daemon reconises it and when its
    > loaded i get the auto run screen with the options of playing, un-installing
    > etc, but when i go to play i still get the "please insert dvd/cd" error.
    >
    > Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > KB

    There is usually an easier way. Install your game, then go to
    www.gamecopyworld.com or www.megagames.com and download the crack.
    patch or replace the game exe for your game (what is a bf2???)
    and Robert is the proverbial. No daemon tools, no images on hdd ...
    that is what I do with all my games (except the few that aren't even
    copy protected which are the ones I buy & play by preference; at the moment
    it's GalCiv 2 and Guild Wars neither of which has ever asked me for the cd in
    the drive -- these people get my money!).

    Only game I have never found a crack for was Imperialism 1, but I don't play
    that much any more; every time I want to a frantic search for the CD ensues :(

    There are some hardcore copy programs out there, but I am simply not up with
    the play. Alcohol 100% is one I've heard of, and maybe clonedvd.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 3, 2006

  3. krazy Bob

    krazy Bob Guest

    "Peter Huebner" <> wrote in message
    > In article <dDVNf.884$>, says...
    >> I have a personal copy of BF2 on dvd, and instead of having to leave my
    >> dvd
    >> in the drive each time i play bf2, i would like to make a image of the
    >> disk
    >> and put that on daemon tools and run bf2 from that.
    >>
    >> Using clone cd, creates an .dvd file which daemon doesn't reconise,
    >> changing
    >> it to .iso creates a image file as such and daemon reconises it and when
    >> its
    >> loaded i get the auto run screen with the options of playing,
    >> un-installing
    >> etc, but when i go to play i still get the "please insert dvd/cd" error.
    >>
    >> Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> KB

    > There is usually an easier way. Install your game, then go to
    > www.gamecopyworld.com or www.megagames.com and download the crack.

    Yea, i've seen / been to plcaes like that, if your asking for trouble in my
    experiences by going to crack websites, most are populated with spyware and
    other nasties, and sure it might be simple to have a no-cd crack, but
    everytime there's a new patch out, you have to find a new no-cd.

    > patch or replace the game exe for your game (what is a bf2???)
    > and Robert is the proverbial. No daemon tools, no images on hdd ...
    > that is what I do with all my games (except the few that aren't even
    > copy protected which are the ones I buy & play by preference; at the
    > moment
    > it's GalCiv 2 and Guild Wars neither of which has ever asked me for the cd
    > in
    > the drive -- these people get my money!).

    if i like a game, regardless of who made it, i'll buy it.
    im not going to say ohh this game is made by so and so and they make u use
    ur cd, im not going to buy it. thats stuipd in my opinnion.

    > Only game I have never found a crack for was Imperialism 1, but I don't
    > play
    > that much any more; every time I want to a frantic search for the CD
    > ensues :(
    >
    > There are some hardcore copy programs out there, but I am simply not up
    > with
    > the play. Alcohol 100% is one I've heard of, and maybe clonedvd.

    Tried clone cd, doesn't work 100%, clone dvd only works for dvd movies.

    Cheers
    KB

    krazy Bob, Mar 3, 2006
  4. Peter Huebner wrote:
    > There is usually an easier way. Install your game, then go to
    > www.gamecopyworld.com or www.megagames.com and download the crack.
    > patch or replace the game exe for your game (what is a bf2???)

    That is really the worst option available. You can't update your BF2,
    since you'll have to hope that a crack becomes available quickly for the
    new version. Detection of cracked versions might catch you. The cracker
    could have introduced problems with the program accidentally.

    The best option is either to create an image of your CD, or even better,
    you can sometimes find "Mini-images" on some crack sites. These are CD
    images that only have the files required to make the game think that the
    CD is legit. Usually only 20MB or so, and they'll work perfectly forever.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Mar 3, 2006
  5. krazy Bob

    ~misfit~ Guest

    krazy Bob wrote:
    > "Peter Huebner" <> wrote in message
    >> patch or replace the game exe for your game (what is a bf2???)
    >> and Robert is the proverbial. No daemon tools, no images on hdd ...
    >> that is what I do with all my games (except the few that aren't even
    >> copy protected which are the ones I buy & play by preference; at the
    >> moment
    >> it's GalCiv 2 and Guild Wars neither of which has ever asked me for
    >> the cd in
    >> the drive -- these people get my money!).

    > if i like a game, regardless of who made it, i'll buy it.
    > im not going to say ohh this game is made by so and so and they make
    > u use ur cd, im not going to buy it. thats stuipd in my opinnion.

    Jeez. Careful with your wording there Bob. That could quite easilly be read
    as you calling Peter (who tried to help you) stupid. Peter is amongst the
    nicest, most helpful people in this NG.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 4, 2006
  6. krazy Bob

    krazy Bob Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > krazy Bob wrote:
    >> "Peter Huebner" <> wrote in message
    >>> patch or replace the game exe for your game (what is a bf2???)
    >>> and Robert is the proverbial. No daemon tools, no images on hdd ...
    >>> that is what I do with all my games (except the few that aren't even
    >>> copy protected which are the ones I buy & play by preference; at the
    >>> moment
    >>> it's GalCiv 2 and Guild Wars neither of which has ever asked me for
    >>> the cd in
    >>> the drive -- these people get my money!).

    >> if i like a game, regardless of who made it, i'll buy it.
    >> im not going to say ohh this game is made by so and so and they make
    >> u use ur cd, im not going to buy it. thats stuipd in my opinnion.

    > Jeez. Careful with your wording there Bob. That could quite easilly be
    > read as you calling Peter (who tried to help you) stupid. Peter is amongst
    > the nicest, most helpful people in this NG.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Im sorry if my post came across as sounding like that, my appologies

    KB

    krazy Bob, Mar 4, 2006
  7. In article <duahp5$fea$>, says...
    > That is really the worst option available. You can't update your BF2,
    > since you'll have to hope that a crack becomes available quickly for the
    > new version. Detection of cracked versions might catch you. The cracker
    > could have introduced problems with the program accidentally.

    Sorry, as I said in my first post, I don't know what BF is ... from what you
    say I can only conclude that it's some kind of online game that keeps auto
    updating, in which case I would agree with you 100% ... crack not really an
    option.

    O.t.o.h. with solo games like Civ4 I just value my convenience so highly that I
    do actually not install a patch until the crack is available. I've two large
    drawers of CDs and DVDs next to me here, proabably a couple of hundred disk all
    up, many of them games, and I don't just play one of two of them ... I just
    can't be fscked swapping and searching, swapping and searching. By the same
    token, unfortunately I don't have terabytes of storage for disk images :)

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 4, 2006
  8. In article <eM3Of.933$>, says...

    > Yea, i've seen / been to plcaes like that, if your asking for trouble in my
    > experiences by going to crack websites, most are populated with spyware and
    > other nasties, and sure it might be simple to have a no-cd crack, but
    > everytime there's a new patch out, you have to find a new no-cd.

    The two sites I named are about as 'reputable' as they come. Nevertheless I
    always run the virus checker over any archives I get from there, and I have
    struck viruses, but always they were in a different file to the crack/patch :)
    Yeah, it pays to be careful, an you are right about the patches - see my post
    to Nick ...
    ... you gotta be a lot more careful if you search some hardcore hacker and
    warez sites via astalavista and download stuff from there, in fact you even
    want to seriously protect your browsing in the first place (hint: don't use
    msie!).

    > if i like a game, regardless of who made it, i'll buy it.
    > im not going to say ohh this game is made by so and so and they make u use
    > ur cd, im not going to buy it. thats stuipd in my opinnion.

    Generally speaking, yes. There are exceptions though. I will not buy any games
    with the new 'Starforce' protection, no more than I would install a Sony
    rootkit on my system - they are as bad in intent as any virus written i.m.o.
    and I will vote with my money, thanks.
    I have also had a dvd drive trashed by an overzealous copy protection program
    and you better believe I never bought another Sierra game after that! But it's
    certainly not a religious issue with me, still I feel about the same about copy
    protection as you feel about crack sites ;-) -- very cautious.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 4, 2006
  9. In article <>, says...

    > Jeez. Careful with your wording there Bob. That could quite easilly be read
    > as you calling Peter (who tried to help you) stupid.

    Haha. An ever-recurring problem I get into with my wife. She says something, I
    say 'but that's rubbish' - she hears 'you're stupid' when that's never what I
    meant (I know damn well she's as sharp as a razor, and she knows I know;
    regardless we both talk rubbish from time to time).

    I wasn't the least offended by Bob, he was offering an opinion :)

    >Peter is amongst the
    > nicest, most helpful people in this NG.

    <blush> why, thanks ;-)

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 4, 2006
  10. krazy Bob

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Jeez. Careful with your wording there Bob. That could quite easilly
    >> be read as you calling Peter (who tried to help you) stupid.

    > Haha. An ever-recurring problem I get into with my wife. She says
    > something, I say 'but that's rubbish' - she hears 'you're stupid'
    > when that's never what I meant (I know damn well she's as sharp as a
    > razor, and she knows I know; regardless we both talk rubbish from
    > time to time).

    LOL, don't we all.

    > I wasn't the least offended by Bob, he was offering an opinion :)

    That's a good thing. However, it *could* have been taken the wrong way.
    Lucky you're more reasonable than that huh?

    >> Peter is amongst the
    >> nicest, most helpful people in this NG.

    > <blush> why, thanks ;-)

    NP. Respect is earned, never given.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 4, 2006
  11. krazy Bob

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article <duahp5$fea$>,
    > says...
    >> That is really the worst option available. You can't update your BF2,
    >> since you'll have to hope that a crack becomes available quickly for
    >> the new version. Detection of cracked versions might catch you. The
    >> cracker could have introduced problems with the program accidentally.
    >>

    > Sorry, as I said in my first post, I don't know what BF is ...

    Battlefield 1942 and it's successors. FPS, usually played on-line,
    constantly being patched.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 4, 2006
  12. krazy Bob

    Warwick Guest

    On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 00:18:42 +1300, krazy Bob wrote:

    > I have a personal copy of BF2 on dvd, and instead of having to leave my dvd
    > in the drive each time i play bf2, i would like to make a image of the disk
    > and put that on daemon tools and run bf2 from that.
    >
    > Using clone cd, creates an .dvd file which daemon doesn't reconise, changing
    > it to .iso creates a image file as such and daemon reconises it and when its
    > loaded i get the auto run screen with the options of playing, un-installing
    > etc, but when i go to play i still get the "please insert dvd/cd" error.
    >
    > Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > KB

    uninstall the game. mount the iso in daemon tools. install from that drive
    letter. mount the iso to the same drive letter when you play.

    This has worked for me on every game except lords of the realm.

    Warwick, Mar 5, 2006
  13. krazy Bob

    > In article <eM3Of.933$>, says...
    >>
    >> Yea, i've seen / been to plcaes like that, if your asking for trouble in
    >> my
    >> experiences by going to crack websites, most are populated with spyware
    >> and
    >> other nasties, and sure it might be simple to have a no-cd crack, but
    >> everytime there's a new patch out, you have to find a new no-cd.

    > The two sites I named are about as 'reputable' as they come. Nevertheless
    > always run the virus checker over any archives I get from there, and I
    > have
    > struck viruses, but always they were in a different file to the
    > crack/patch :)
    > Yeah, it pays to be careful, an you are right about the patches - see my
    > post
    > to Nick ...
    > ... you gotta be a lot more careful if you search some hardcore hacker and
    > warez sites via astalavista and download stuff from there, in fact you
    > even
    > want to seriously protect your browsing in the first place (hint: don't
    > use
    > msie!).
    >
    >> if i like a game, regardless of who made it, i'll buy it.
    >> im not going to say ohh this game is made by so and so and they make u
    >> use
    >> ur cd, im not going to buy it. thats stuipd in my opinnion.

    > Generally speaking, yes. There are exceptions though. I will not buy any
    > games
    > with the new 'Starforce' protection, no more than I would install a Sony
    > rootkit on my system - they are as bad in intent as any virus written
    > i.m.o.
    > and I will vote with my money, thanks.
    > I have also had a dvd drive trashed by an overzealous copy protection
    > program
    > and you better believe I never bought another Sierra game after that! But
    > it's
    > certainly not a religious issue with me, still I feel about the same about
    > copy
    > protection as you feel about crack sites ;-) -- very cautious.

    I guess your right, but is there no real solution to copying your dvd game?
    other than to download a no cd crack or mini cd image of the game?

    KB

    krazy Bob, Mar 5, 2006
  14. krazy Bob

    krazy Bob Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Peter Huebner wrote:
    >> In article <duahp5$fea$>,
    >> says...
    >>> That is really the worst option available. You can't update your BF2,
    >>> since you'll have to hope that a crack becomes available quickly for
    >>> the new version. Detection of cracked versions might catch you. The
    >>> cracker could have introduced problems with the program accidentally.
    >>>

    >> Sorry, as I said in my first post, I don't know what BF is ...

    > Battlefield 1942 and it's successors. FPS, usually played on-line,
    > constantly being patched.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    LOL yip...Ea and Dice certainly have done them self proud *hint sacasim* a
    patch for the game, followed by a patch for the patch that didn't work. now
    a new patch to fix exploits and guess what another patch to fix the patch
    that created 44 (i think) new problems and only fixing 5.

    Good on you EA and Dice *lol*

    krazy Bob, Mar 5, 2006
  15. krazy Bob

    krazy Bob Guest

    "Warwick" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 00:18:42 +1300, krazy Bob wrote:
    >
    >> I have a personal copy of BF2 on dvd, and instead of having to leave my
    >> dvd
    >> in the drive each time i play bf2, i would like to make a image of the
    >> disk
    >> and put that on daemon tools and run bf2 from that.
    >>
    >> Using clone cd, creates an .dvd file which daemon doesn't reconise,
    >> changing
    >> it to .iso creates a image file as such and daemon reconises it and when
    >> its
    >> loaded i get the auto run screen with the options of playing,
    >> un-installing
    >> etc, but when i go to play i still get the "please insert dvd/cd" error.
    >>
    >> Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> KB

    > uninstall the game. mount the iso in daemon tools. install from that drive
    > letter. mount the iso to the same drive letter when you play.
    >
    > This has worked for me on every game except lords of the realm.

    will try this

    Thanks
    KB

    krazy Bob, Mar 5, 2006
  16. krazy Bob

    Rider Guest

    "krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >I have a personal copy of BF2 on dvd, and instead of having to leave my dvd
    >in the drive each time i play bf2, i would like to make a image of the disk
    >and put that on daemon tools and run bf2 from that.
    >
    > Using clone cd, creates an .dvd file which daemon doesn't reconise,
    > changing it to .iso creates a image file as such and daemon reconises it
    > and when its loaded i get the auto run screen with the options of playing,
    > un-installing etc, but when i go to play i still get the "please insert
    > dvd/cd" error.
    >
    > Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > KB

    DVD Shrink possibly?

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 5, 2006
  17. krazy Bob

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:46:16 +1300, Warwick <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 00:18:42 +1300, krazy Bob wrote:
    >
    >> I have a personal copy of BF2 on dvd, and instead of having to leave my dvd
    >> in the drive each time i play bf2, i would like to make a image of the disk
    >> and put that on daemon tools and run bf2 from that.
    >>
    >> Using clone cd, creates an .dvd file which daemon doesn't reconise, changing
    >> it to .iso creates a image file as such and daemon reconises it and when its
    >> loaded i get the auto run screen with the options of playing, un-installing
    >> etc, but when i go to play i still get the "please insert dvd/cd" error.
    >>
    >> Is there anyway to copy a dvd game?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> KB

    >uninstall the game. mount the iso in daemon tools. install from that drive
    >letter. mount the iso to the same drive letter when you play.
    >
    >This has worked for me on every game except lords of the realm.

    If you didn't want to uninstall you could just change the drive letter
    of your dvd to something else (as long as nothing is depending on it
    being whatever it is now) and use it's old driver letter for the
    mounted image.

    Craig Shore, Mar 19, 2006