    could use switches with the older versions of Ghost, but I cannot figure out
    how to use switches with ver. 9

    Thanks so much
    Matt Wiggins, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Matt Wiggins

    Grump Guest

    >I have tried to use Ghost many times over the years to copy a hard drive,
    > however, it never works for me. Basically, the PC simply will not boot
    > with the new (destination) drive. I have tried different versions of
    > Ghost, and I'm using ver. 9 now, but I still cannot get the PC to boot
    > from the new drive (WIN XP, NTFS) (using IDE drives). What am I doing
    > wrong? I know you could use switches with the older versions of Ghost, but
    > I cannot figure out how to use switches with ver. 9

    I use Ghost 2003....advanced mode to clone my drives, or individual
    partitions.
    No problems booting from the copies.
    G.
    Grump, Aug 11, 2005

  3. Matt Wiggins

    Fakename Guest

    The destination hard drives and controllers have to be IDENTICAL or it
    probably won't work. Found that out the hard way with some IBM's that I
    thought were all the same...

    Now if you made and image and couldn't push it back on to the HD where
    it was made then I'd say something weird was going on.

    Fakename, Aug 11, 2005
  4. Matt Wiggins

    Plato Guest

    Matt Wiggins wrote:

    > I have tried to use Ghost many times over the years to copy a hard drive,
    > however, it never works for me. Basically, the PC simply will not boot with

    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/214.htm#4
    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/215.htm#3

    Or, just use xxclone, free:
    http://www.xxclone.com/

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 11, 2005
  5. Matt Wiggins

    derek / nul Guest

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 02:52:18 GMT, Fakename <> wrote:

    >The destination hard drives and controllers have to be IDENTICAL or it
    >probably won't work.

    I ghost to and from large and small HD's and have never had a problem, I use the
    old ghost 6 for most of this work.
    derek / nul, Aug 11, 2005
  6. Matt Wiggins

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Grump" <> wrote in message

    >>I have tried to use Ghost many times over the years to copy a hard drive,
    >> however, it never works for me. Basically, the PC simply will not boot
    >> with the new (destination) drive. I have tried different versions of
    >> Ghost, and I'm using ver. 9 now, but I still cannot get the PC to boot
    >> from the new drive (WIN XP, NTFS) (using IDE drives). What am I doing
    >> wrong? I know you could use switches with the older versions of Ghost,
    >> but I cannot figure out how to use switches with ver. 9

    > I use Ghost 2003....advanced mode to clone my drives, or individual
    > partitions.
    > No problems booting from the copies.
    > G.

    Ditto here though it's been sometimes rather "moody" with error messages
    coming up here and there and had to call Symantec at least on one occasion.

    Mark Mandell, Aug 11, 2005
  7. Matt Wiggins

    Fakename Guest

    Well then, I wonder what the problem has been for me and my IBM's....

    Fakename, Aug 12, 2005