    username2@somesite

    can I simply rename them so the front part reflects the username on the new
    computer and copy them across or is there more to it?

    richard, Oct 18, 2004

  2. richard

    Geronimo! Guest

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:22:24 +1300, richard <> wrote:

    >I have some cookies on one computer. They are called for example username1@somesite
    >
    >I want to move these to another computer, and have them as for example
    >
    >username2@somesite
    >
    >can I simply rename them so the front part reflects the username on the new
    >computer and copy them across or is there more to it?

    Microsoft has info on copying user info, I have a link about it, but the
    Cookies have user name tags on them, so they might not work..

    Geronimo!, Oct 18, 2004

  3. In article <LaKcd.254$>,
    richard <> wrote:

    >I have some cookies on one computer. They are called for example
    >username1@somesite
    >
    >I want to move these to another computer, and have them as for example
    >
    >username2@somesite
    >
    >can I simply rename them so the front part reflects the username on the new
    >computer and copy them across or is there more to it?

    The meaning of the cookie is entirely up to the server that gave it to
    you. Changing anything in the cookie will, at best, cause the server to
    stop recognizing it.

    At worst, it could cause the server to malfunction, but no well-written
    software would allow that. :)

    Lawrence D’Oliveiro, Oct 20, 2004