    to another router till I am on site and connected locally. If there is
    no way to do that, is there a way to copy it to the second router
    without actually upgrading till I am in that location.

    Peter, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Peter wrote:
    > I have a cisco 2620 that has the an IOS version that I need on my other
    > 5 other cisco 2620's router. When I do a show flash: I see
    > c2600-d-mz.122-7a.bin. I would like to use the same IOS on my other
    > cisco 2620's.
    >
    > There is documentation on how to copy from one cisco to another.
    > However, I would like to get it from the router to my machine and not
    > to another router till I am on site and connected locally. If there is
    > no way to do that, is there a way to copy it to the second router
    > without actually upgrading till I am in that location.

    Hi Peter,

    You can accomplish this using either TFTP or FTP:

    router# copy flash:c2600-d-mz.122-7a.bin tftp

    You'll then be prompted to enter the IP addres of your TFTP host and the
    destination filename. If you'd rather use FTP, try:

    router# copy flash:c2600-d-mz.122-7a.bin ftp

    It may take a couple minutes to come down and you'll see the
    !!!!!!!!!!!! while it's downloading.

    Cheers,
    Spencer Teran

    Spencer Teran, Mar 15, 2005

  3. Peter

    Guest

    Hi Peter.

    Ran into the same problem some time ago. Remember that if you use the
    ftp option you will have to specify the ftp-server username and
    password in the config-file of the router:

    ip ftp username <ftp-server username>
    ip ftp password <password of the user>

    You should make sure that your ftp server saves files in binary forms
    per default, as I do not know if the router will tell the ftp-server
    that the file should be saved in binary form. If the file is saved in
    ASCII-form it will be corrupted.

    If you have the line:"service password-encryption" in your router
    config, the password will be hidden.

    If you do not specify the username and password, the ftp upload will
    fail.
    This could of course be because I have not enabled anonymous ftp on my
    server, but anyway, if you have an ftp server somewhere in your
    network, you will have yourself created as a user.

    Cheers,
    Kruse

    , Mar 15, 2005
  4. Peter