    files produced in the computer are in a Video_TS folder and have the
    extensions .bup, .ifo, and .vob's. The Audio_TS folder is always empty.

    Thanks for any ideas to speed things up.

    BertP, Aug 5, 2007

  2. BertP

    sandy58 Guest

    On Aug 5, 12:49 am, "BertP" <> wrote:
    > I am using Nero Start Smart Essentials, the software offered with my
    > Nexxtech DVD Burner.
    >
    > I also use DVD shrink32, if required, DVDFab HD Decrypter, if required and I
    > use the Nero software to copy and burn movie DVD's. I have been successful.
    > Don't laugh!!
    >
    > I have used DVD-R and DVD RW discs to copy. The burner specs indicated that
    > 8X, 16X and 32X speeds are possible. Is it normal to take 2 hours plus
    > each to copy and burn a 4.9GBb DVD movie? Can the speed of copying to the
    > computer and burning to the disc be increased? Do I have a choice? I did
    > notice that the quality has a couple of settings, DVD-9 is one of them. The
    > files produced in the computer are in a Video_TS folder and have the
    > extensions .bup, .ifo, and .vob's. The Audio_TS folder is always empty.
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas to speed things up.

    >Is it normal to take 2 hours plus
    > each to copy and burn a 4.9GBb DVD movie?

    No. Unless that includes conversion. 12-17 mins about average.

    sandy58, Aug 5, 2007

  3. BertP

    def456 Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Aug 5, 12:49 am, "BertP" <> wrote:
    >> I am using Nero Start Smart Essentials, the software offered with my
    >> Nexxtech DVD Burner.
    >>
    >> I also use DVD shrink32, if required, DVDFab HD Decrypter, if required
    >> and I
    >> use the Nero software to copy and burn movie DVD's. I have been
    >> successful.
    >> Don't laugh!!
    >>
    >> I have used DVD-R and DVD RW discs to copy. The burner specs indicated
    >> that
    >> 8X, 16X and 32X speeds are possible. Is it normal to take 2 hours plus
    >> each to copy and burn a 4.9GBb DVD movie? Can the speed of copying to
    >> the
    >> computer and burning to the disc be increased? Do I have a choice? I
    >> did
    >> notice that the quality has a couple of settings, DVD-9 is one of them.
    >> The
    >> files produced in the computer are in a Video_TS folder and have the
    >> extensions .bup, .ifo, and .vob's. The Audio_TS folder is always empty.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any ideas to speed things up.

    >>Is it normal to take 2 hours plus
    >> each to copy and burn a 4.9GBb DVD movie?

    > No. Unless that includes conversion. 12-17 mins about average.

    OP didn't mention any model numbers or the op system. Assuming a typical
    setup with Windows XP op system... Look under Device Manager, IDE
    controllers. Rightclick the Secondary IDE Channel, select Properties,
    Advanced Settings tab where the Transfer Mode should be set to "DMA if
    available". Also check for updated firmware for the DVD drive. Also try a
    different brand and kind of DVD discs. They should be rated at least 16x.
    Also try -R discs if you're using +R (or vice versa). Also try different
    burning software such as ImgBurn rather than Nero.

    def456, Aug 5, 2007
  4. BertP

    Bill's News Guest

    "BertP" <> wrote in message
    >I am using Nero Start Smart Essentials, the software offered
    >with my Nexxtech DVD Burner.
    >
    > I also use DVD shrink32, if required, DVDFab HD Decrypter

    You have a copy of DVDFab "HD" Decrypter? I knew that the
    Chinese government and some their citizens pretty much disregard
    international copyrights, but damn, that would be a major blow
    to the billions spent by Hollywood on their new anti-piracy
    schemes.

    Bill's News, Aug 7, 2007