    but I thought I'd ask here before I attempted it and wound up with a disc
    he couldn't play.

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Jul 25, 2004

  2. Stephen Cooke

    Biz Guest

    "Stephen Cooke" <> wrote in message
    news:p..
    ..

    > Before I go wasting a blank disc on this...does anyone know if a copy of a
    > DVD made with DVD Shrink will play as Region 0 or Region 1? A friend has
    > requested a copy of my Region 3 NTSC version of the uncut Eyes Wide Shut,
    > but I thought I'd ask here before I attempted it and wound up with a disc
    > he couldn't play.
    >
    > swac

    Using the default settings in DVD Shrink, it always makes the discs
    region-free, so as long as it is NTSC it should be fine
    Biz, Jul 25, 2004

  3. Stephen Cooke

    Goro Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message news:<XTWMc.135641$>...
    > "Stephen Cooke" <> wrote in message
    > .
    > >
    > > Before I go wasting a blank disc on this...does anyone know if a copy of a
    > > DVD made with DVD Shrink will play as Region 0 or Region 1? A friend has
    > > requested a copy of my Region 3 NTSC version of the uncut Eyes Wide Shut,
    > > but I thought I'd ask here before I attempted it and wound up with a disc
    > > he couldn't play.
    > >
    > > swac
    > >

    > Using the default settings in DVD Shrink, it always makes the discs
    > region-free, so as long as it is NTSC it should be fine

    agreed. after you click the BACKUP button, there are tabs available
    so you can choose the Region. In EDIT-PREFERENCES, you can choose
    Macrovision and PUOPs. i think the deafults are teh "good ones".

    -goro-
    Goro, Jul 28, 2004