    TIA :)

    --
    Taylor
    Just Taylor, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Just Taylor

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Just Taylor wrote:

    > <standard disclaimer that resident pedophiles need not reply>
    >
    > Dismissing all the "RIAA is gonna git ya" responses, I want to take
    > various songs off various CD's and put them on one CD... now I have no
    > problems with copying CD to CD or data to CD but hell if I can figure
    > out how to take one song off a CD, put on my HDD so I can burn it with
    > others on to one CD.
    >
    > When I view the songs on the CD via Windows Explorer or directly from
    > "My Computer" all I see are 44kb files... how the heck do I copy the
    > whole song? What's the best program, free or not to use for this?
    >
    > TIA :)
    >
    > --
    > Taylor

    Need a "ripper", such as Exact Auido Copy (or EAC). Converts the track on
    the music CD to a *.wav file. Next, use a burning program such as Nero or
    Roxio to convert the *.wav file into an audio file on the cd-r(w).
    Mistoffolees, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Howdy!

    "Just Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > <standard disclaimer that resident pedophiles need not reply>
    >
    > Dismissing all the "RIAA is gonna git ya" responses, I want to take
    > various songs off various CD's and put them on one CD... now I have no
    > problems with copying CD to CD or data to CD but hell if I can figure
    > out how to take one song off a CD, put on my HDD so I can burn it with
    > others on to one CD.
    >
    > When I view the songs on the CD via Windows Explorer or directly from
    > "My Computer" all I see are 44kb files... how the heck do I copy the
    > whole song? What's the best program, free or not to use for this?

    I'll agree with Mistoffolees' post, but would like to also suggest
    CDex (at http://cdex.n3.net )

    It's free, and does the job fine. EAC might be better - CDex was
    good enough, I quit looking when I found it.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Just Taylor

    Just Taylor Guest

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:02:28 -0700, Mistoffolees <>
    wrote:

    >Just Taylor wrote:
    >
    >> <standard disclaimer that resident pedophiles need not reply>
    >>
    >> Dismissing all the "RIAA is gonna git ya" responses, I want to take
    >> various songs off various CD's and put them on one CD... now I have no
    >> problems with copying CD to CD or data to CD but hell if I can figure
    >> out how to take one song off a CD, put on my HDD so I can burn it with
    >> others on to one CD.
    >>
    >> When I view the songs on the CD via Windows Explorer or directly from
    >> "My Computer" all I see are 44kb files... how the heck do I copy the
    >> whole song? What's the best program, free or not to use for this?
    >>
    >> TIA :)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Taylor

    >Need a "ripper", such as Exact Auido Copy (or EAC). Converts the track on
    >the music CD to a *.wav file. Next, use a burning program such as Nero or
    >Roxio to convert the *.wav file into an audio file on the cd-r(w).

    Cool, after hearing "ripper" and "ripping" for so long now I know what
    it is :) I downloaded EAC, which worked great once I configured it.
    Now I will take various songs and put them on to one CD!

    Thanks Mistoffolees!

    --
    Taylor
    Just Taylor, Aug 15, 2003
  5. Just Taylor

    Just Taylor Guest

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:28:31 -0500, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
    <> wrote:

    >Howdy!
    >
    >"Just Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> <standard disclaimer that resident pedophiles need not reply>
    >>
    >> Dismissing all the "RIAA is gonna git ya" responses, I want to take
    >> various songs off various CD's and put them on one CD... now I have no
    >> problems with copying CD to CD or data to CD but hell if I can figure
    >> out how to take one song off a CD, put on my HDD so I can burn it with
    >> others on to one CD.
    >>
    >> When I view the songs on the CD via Windows Explorer or directly from
    >> "My Computer" all I see are 44kb files... how the heck do I copy the
    >> whole song? What's the best program, free or not to use for this?

    > I'll agree with Mistoffolees' post, but would like to also suggest
    >CDex (at http://cdex.n3.net )
    >
    > It's free, and does the job fine. EAC might be better - CDex was
    >good enough, I quit looking when I found it.

    Thanks, I did get EAC and though its a beta it worked great. I'll
    archive CDex for later :)

    I'm glad I can finally get around to burning some CD's that I have put
    off doing for so long. Now I can drive the better half crazy with my
    odd 80's crap on one CD!

    --
    Taylor
    Just Taylor, Aug 15, 2003
  6. Just Taylor

    Dan Nitescu Guest

    Pay attention to what I'm writing !
    44Kb does not represent the file size, but the sampling rate of the CD
    track. You did copy the whole song.
    As long as you keep the CD tracks to your harddrive you do not need a
    burner. If you decide to transfer them to a CD, then you need a burner.
    Seeya !

    Dan Nitescu, Aug 16, 2003