    device, is there anyway of telling if this has happened? Will the files be
    in temp or have a new modified date?

    MA\TT
    Matthew, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Matthew

    Jerry G. Guest

    There are utilities, that can be used to log user's activity as they are
    working. If specific users must sign on to use the computer, then this is
    easier to manage.

    Before installing anything on a computer that keeps track of user keystrokes
    and activities, it is very important to consult with the local regulations
    in your area. In many areas, it is not legal to monitor or record any
    personal information of users.

    Site that has links for keystroke logging tools:
    http://www.spy-tools-directory.com/spy-software/key-logging-software.html

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Is think someone has copied files from my PC onto an external storage

    Jerry G., Jan 18, 2005

  3. Matthew

    Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:54:16 -0000, "Matthew" <>
    wrote:

    |> Is think someone has copied files from my PC onto an external storage
    |> device, is there anyway of telling if this has happened? Will the files be
    |> in temp or have a new modified date?

    Yep, through "Date accessed".

    XP, right click explorer's right pane on "Name"
    Then More, select date accessed.

    You now have a new column in your explorer window.

    Explorer menu, tools, Folder options, view, "apply to all folders"
    to make it stick.

    --
    , Jan 19, 2005
  4. Matthew

    Richard Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:11:16 GMT wrote:

    > On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:54:16 -0000, "Matthew" <>
    > wrote:

    ||> Is think someone has copied files from my PC onto an external storage
    ||> device, is there anyway of telling if this has happened? Will the
    ||files be
    ||> in temp or have a new modified date?

    > Yep, through "Date accessed".

    > XP, right click explorer's right pane on "Name"
    > Then More, select date accessed.

    > You now have a new column in your explorer window.

    > Explorer menu, tools, Folder options, view, "apply to all folders"
    > to make it stick.

    So I accessed the same file 10 times that day.
    Somebody copied it the same day.
    Unless the report shows a precise time, you will only see the date.
    Richard, Jan 19, 2005