    %Error opening tftp://192.168.1.23/dslrouter-confg (Undefined error)

    What am I doing wrong? According to Cisco's site. This is the correct way.
    Thanks.
    Marc, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Marc wrote:

    > I am trying to copy my startup config to my TFTP server. The directory for
    > the server is c:\tftp-root. I have also made it just c:. In either case, I
    > get this:
    >
    > DSLrouter#copy startup-config tftp
    > Address or name of remote host []? 192.168.1.23
    > Destination filename [dslrouter-confg]? [I hit enter here to accept the
    > default name]
    > %Error opening tftp://192.168.1.23/dslrouter-confg (Undefined error)
    >
    > What am I doing wrong? According to Cisco's site. This is the correct way.
    > Thanks.

    The file does not exist on the tftp server or the process on the
    server does not have permission to write to the file.

    http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/
    Bob { Goddard }, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Marc

    Marc Guest

    "Bob { Goddard }" <> wrote in
    message news:bubjof$fjnih$-berlin.de...
    > Marc wrote:
    >
    > > I am trying to copy my startup config to my TFTP server. The directory

    for
    > > the server is c:\tftp-root. I have also made it just c:. In either case,

    > > get this:
    > >
    > > DSLrouter#copy startup-config tftp
    > > Address or name of remote host []? 192.168.1.23
    > > Destination filename [dslrouter-confg]? [I hit enter here to accept the
    > > default name]
    > > %Error opening tftp://192.168.1.23/dslrouter-confg (Undefined error)
    > >
    > > What am I doing wrong? According to Cisco's site. This is the correct

    way.
    > > Thanks.

    > The file does not exist on the tftp server or the process on the
    > server does not have permission to write to the file.

    I thought since this is the first time I'm saving this, the file is created?
    I went ahead and created a file in the tftp root. But still nothing. Also,
    the tftp server has full transmit and receive permissions. How can I get the
    file on the tftp server if I haven't saved it yet? Thanks.
    Marc, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Marc wrote:

    > "Bob { Goddard }" <> wrote in
    > message news:bubjof$fjnih$-berlin.de...
    >> Marc wrote:
    >>
    >> > I am trying to copy my startup config to my TFTP server. The directory

    > for
    >> > the server is c:\tftp-root. I have also made it just c:. In either
    >> > case,

    >> > get this:
    >> >
    >> > DSLrouter#copy startup-config tftp
    >> > Address or name of remote host []? 192.168.1.23
    >> > Destination filename [dslrouter-confg]? [I hit enter here to accept the
    >> > default name]
    >> > %Error opening tftp://192.168.1.23/dslrouter-confg (Undefined error)
    >> >
    >> > What am I doing wrong? According to Cisco's site. This is the correct

    > way.
    >> > Thanks.

    >> The file does not exist on the tftp server or the process on the
    >> server does not have permission to write to the file.

    > I thought since this is the first time I'm saving this, the file is
    > created? I went ahead and created a file in the tftp root. But still
    > nothing. Also, the tftp server has full transmit and receive permissions.
    > How can I get the file on the tftp server if I haven't saved it yet?
    > Thanks.

    What system is the tftp server running on?
    Are you sure that you created the file in the correct place?
    If it is unix then ensure the permissions are 666.
    Is there some kind of firewall running on the server?

    http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/
    Bob { Goddard }, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Marc

    Marc Guest

    "Bob { Goddard }" <> wrote in
    message news:bubmip$fqfp3$-berlin.de...
    > Marc wrote:
    >

    > > "Bob { Goddard }" <> wrote

    in
    > > message news:bubjof$fjnih$-berlin.de...

    directory
    > > for

    the

    > > way.
    > >>
    > >> The file does not exist on the tftp server or the process on the
    > >> server does not have permission to write to the file.

    > > I thought since this is the first time I'm saving this, the file is
    > > created? I went ahead and created a file in the tftp root. But still
    > > nothing. Also, the tftp server has full transmit and receive

    permissions.
    > > How can I get the file on the tftp server if I haven't saved it yet?
    > > Thanks.

    > What system is the tftp server running on?
    > Are you sure that you created the file in the correct place?
    > If it is unix then ensure the permissions are 666.
    > Is there some kind of firewall running on the server?

    I do have a PIX 501 between them. I think you hit on the problem. Because
    the TFTP server doesn't even show an error, meaning it's not even touching
    it. Do you happen to know the PIX command to allow this. access-list
    outside_access_in permit ???? any any eq ?????
    Marc, Jan 17, 2004
  6. Marc wrote:
    [...]
    > I do have a PIX 501 between them. I think you hit on the problem. Because
    > the TFTP server doesn't even show an error, meaning it's not even touching
    > it. Do you happen to know the PIX command to allow this. access-list
    > outside_access_in permit ???? any any eq ?????

    No, but I'm sure Walter or one of the others will be
    along shortly.

    http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/
    Bob { Goddard }, Jan 17, 2004