    Is there any way I can copy a soundtrack file off a PC game and if so do I
    need some type of software.

    Thanks.

    bigredfred, Sep 4, 2005

  2. bigredfred

    Mitch Guest

    In article <pIHSe.11777$>, bigredfred
    <> wrote:

    > Is there any way I can copy a soundtrack file off a PC game and if so do I
    > need some type of software.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Yes, it's easy to rip sounds files out of applications and many kinds
    of data files.
    I expect many games today pack the data files in a ay that would make
    some sounds unidentifiable to such tools, but I don't think there is
    anything you can look for. You can only try it.
    I had one once that I could just drop files onto and it would create a
    folder full of the audio it could find. Then I made some of the short
    ones system action sounds. Warcraft II sounds worked nicely.

    Mitch, Sep 4, 2005