Copy run start is very slow

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ns, May 20, 2005.

  1. ns

    ns Guest

    Hi all,

    In some catalysts 3550 (WS-C3550-48-EMI), when i run "copy run start" or "wr
    mem", the operation of saving configuration is quick (less than 5 seconde)
    but juste before, the system take around 1 minute before !! why !!??

    ====================== EXPLICATION ======================
    CAT3550#copy run start <enter>
    Destination filename [startup-config]? <enter>
    <ITS TAKE MORE THAN 1 MINUTE BEFORE WRITING PROCESS !!!>
    Building configuration...
    [OK]
    CAT3550#

    I don't have this problem in some catalysts 3550 and the hardware
    configuration is the same.

    ThankYou very much for your help

    Best Regards
    NS

    ns, May 20, 2005

  2. What version IOS code?

    Try reformatting the flash card (after saving the image off and copying it
    back in)

    Not sure if this applies to the 3550, but for the 37xx and 38xx routers,
    there was a point where the filesystem code in the ATA flash was updated,
    and if you have an older format card with newer IOS software, flash access
    is very slow.

    The eaasiest test it to save all of the flash data off to a TFTP server,
    reformat the flash, put the files back and see if that improves matters.

    Phillip Remaker, May 24, 2005

  3. ns

    ns Guest

    Thank You Phillip for your answer. I will try yours recommandantions.

    Cdly
    NS

    de news:Imyke.735$...

    ns, May 24, 2005