Copy protection used on HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs is said to be "cracked"

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Barbara, Feb 28, 2007.

  1. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > def456 wrote on [Mon, 05 Mar 2007 00:42:51 GMT]:
    >>
    >> "Justin" <> wrote in message

    >>> You haven't once mentioned a link. ***.

    >> It's the link in the post at the top of this thread. What else?

    > Here's the post from the top of the thread

    > From: "def456" <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.video.dvd
    > Subject: caution with that link!
    > Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 09:28:36 -0600
    >
    > It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!

    Wrong! I did not start this thread! Someone named "Barbara" opened the
    thread, which contained the possibly bad link. If you don't see that prior
    post from "Barbara" then your news service did not pick it up, for unknown
    reasons.

    def456, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Barbara

    MCheu Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:33:04 GMT, "def456" <> wrote:

    >"Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> def456 wrote on [Mon, 05 Mar 2007 00:42:51 GMT]:
    >>>
    >>> "Justin" <> wrote in message

    >>> It's the link in the post at the top of this thread. What else?

    >> Here's the post from the top of the thread

    >> From: "def456" <>
    >> Newsgroups: alt.video.dvd
    >> Subject: caution with that link!
    >> Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 09:28:36 -0600
    >>
    >> It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!

    >Wrong! I did not start this thread! Someone named "Barbara" opened the
    >thread, which contained the possibly bad link. If you don't see that prior
    >post from "Barbara" then your news service did not pick it up, for unknown
    >reasons.

    You did indeed start THIS thread. When you attempted to reply to
    that thread, whatever it is, you didn't. You created a new thread,
    which is just you warning people about an evil link that is never
    mentioned. When people ask (though not always politely) for details,
    you've gotten defensive and seem very reluctant to provide details on
    what it is that you're talking about. No one named Barbara has
    posted in your thread so far. A bit reminiscent of Monty Python.

    Either you pressed the wrong button on your news reader when you
    attempted to "reply" or you're having a bit of fun at our expense with
    a variation of the "how do you keep an idiot in suspense" gag, and
    seeing how long you can keep this going. The more polite responses
    are from people giving you the benefit of the doubt and are willing to
    forgive you for a simple error. The less polite ones likely believe
    you to be causing a bit of mischief here. The longer you drag this
    out without providing details, the more it will appear that you're the
    latter. The fact that you're posting with a phony email address
    doesn't lend a lot of credibility either.
    Thanks,
    MCheu

    MCheu, Mar 5, 2007

  3. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    > No one named Barbara has
    > posted in your thread so far. A bit reminiscent of Monty Python.
    >
    > Either you pressed the wrong button on your news reader when you
    > attempted to "reply" or you're having a bit of fun at our expense...

    WRONG!!!!!!!!!

    Herebelow is the first post which started this thread, which I posted under
    in the usual nested fashion. My post appears underneat this one! So
    "Barbara" started this thread! If you don't see that prior post from
    "Barbara", then your news service didn't pick it up or filtered it out....

    def456, Mar 5, 2007
  4. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "def456" <> wrote in message
    >> No one named Barbara has
    >> posted in your thread so far. A bit reminiscent of Monty Python.
    >>
    >> Either you pressed the wrong button on your news reader when you
    >> attempted to "reply" or you're having a bit of fun at our expense...

    > WRONG!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Herebelow is the first post which started this thread, which I posted
    > under in the usual nested fashion. My post appears underneat this one! So
    > "Barbara" started this thread! If you don't see that prior post from
    > "Barbara", then your news service didn't pick it up or filtered it out....

    I have just reset this newsgroup, redownloaded all headers, and my post
    still shows underneath Barbara's post. So this is Barbara's thread, not
    mine! It may be that different newsreaders handle it differently, I don't
    know. When I replied to Barbara, I changed the subject line and deleted her
    message body from my reply. Some newsreaders might mis-interpret that as
    starting a new thread, but Outlook Express considers it as a nested reply to
    Barbara's post. There must be some kind of link in the headers to her prior
    post. I've been active on newsgroups with Outlook Express for over 7 years
    and never had a prior problem in that regard.

    def456, Mar 5, 2007
  5. Barbara

    Richard C. Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "def456" <> wrote in message
    >> YOUR post is the top post of this thread!
    >> There is no link in it.

    > No, I did not start this thread. The first post in this thread was by
    > "Barbara". If you don't see it then I guess your news service filtered it
    > out, or something...

    ========================
    The thread titled "caution with that link!" was started by YOU!
    Once you make a new subject, you start a new thread.
    YOU started this one.
    There is no link anywhere in THIS thread that you started.

    Richard C., Mar 6, 2007
  6. Barbara

    Richard C. Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "def456" <> wrote in message
    >> No one named Barbara has
    >> posted in your thread so far. A bit reminiscent of Monty Python.
    >>
    >> Either you pressed the wrong button on your news reader when you
    >> attempted to "reply" or you're having a bit of fun at our expense...

    > WRONG!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Herebelow is the first post which started this thread, which I posted
    > under in the usual nested fashion. My post appears underneat this one! So
    > "Barbara" started this thread! If you don't see that prior post from
    > "Barbara", then your news service didn't pick it up or filtered it out....

    =====================
    Please note, oh dense one, the subject of THIS thread (which YOU created)
    is "caution with that link!"

    The subject of "barbara's" thread is CLEARLY
    "Copy protection used on HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs is said to be 'cracked'"

    You proved our point with your re-posting.
    Whenever YOU change the subject line, it makes a new thread.
    YOU did just that with no quoting of what you were talking about.

    ==============================

    Richard C., Mar 6, 2007
  7. Barbara

    Richard C. Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "def456" <> wrote in message

    > When I replied to Barbara, I changed the subject line and deleted her
    > message body from my reply.

    ======================
    BINGO!
    That is exactly what you did.

    Proper posting is to quote at least part of original post.
    =============================

    Richard C., Mar 6, 2007
  8. Barbara

    MassiveProng Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:12:55 -0800, "Richard C." <>
    Gave us:

    >"def456" <> wrote in message
    >>> YOUR post is the top post of this thread!
    >>> There is no link in it.

    >> No, I did not start this thread. The first post in this thread was by
    >> "Barbara". If you don't see it then I guess your news service filtered it
    >> out, or something...

    >========================
    >The thread titled "caution with that link!" was started by YOU!
    >Once you make a new subject, you start a new thread.
    >YOU started this one.
    >There is no link anywhere in THIS thread that you started.

    How do you expect a bunch of rip it retards to have a clue?

    Oh hell, you might be one of them.

    MassiveProng, Mar 7, 2007
  9. Barbara

    Jordan Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    On Mar 3, 7:28 am, "def456" <> wrote:
    > It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!

    It didn't do anything for me. Maybe your machine has spyware on it?
    Maybe you're using I.E.? But then I repeat myself...

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Mar 7, 2007
  10. Barbara

    Stan Brown Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:12:55 -0800 from Richard C. <post-
    >:
    > "def456" <> wrote in message
    > > No, I did not start this thread. The first post in this thread was by
    > > "Barbara". If you don't see it then I guess your news service filtered it
    > > out, or something...

    > ========================
    > The thread titled "caution with that link!" was started by YOU!
    > Once you make a new subject, you start a new thread.

    Actually, no. You start a new thread by posting an article without
    any References.

    Some newsreaders treat an article as starting a new thread if it has
    a new subject, but good newsreaders don't.

    However, as to your main point, you're right. That troll did start a
    new thread.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Mar 7, 2007
  11. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Caution with that link!

    "Barbara" <> wrote in message
    > HD DVD is one of...

    [snip]

    It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!

    def456, Mar 7, 2007
  12. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "Richard C." <> wrote in message
    > "def456" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> When I replied to Barbara, I changed the subject line and deleted her
    >> message body from my reply.

    > ======================
    > BINGO!
    > That is exactly what you did.
    >
    > Proper posting is to quote at least part of original post.
    > =============================

    I think what I did is "proper", although admittedly non-standard. I believe
    it is just non-standard news readerd that might cause a problem. Nested
    replies are just that, posts underneath the original post, and are a part of
    that thread. Nevertheless, hopefully you will be happy that I've now made
    another post under Barbara's original post wherein I do, indeed, include a
    portion of her original post! I must insist, however, on changing the
    subject line!!
    Cheerio,
    :)

    def456, Mar 7, 2007
  13. Barbara

    Justin Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    def456 wrote on [Wed, 07 Mar 2007 13:37:38 GMT]:

    > "Richard C." <> wrote in message
    >> "def456" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> When I replied to Barbara, I changed the subject line and deleted her
    >>> message body from my reply.

    >> ======================
    >> BINGO!
    >> That is exactly what you did.
    >>
    >> Proper posting is to quote at least part of original post.
    >> =============================

    > I think what I did is "proper",

    It is NEVER, I say NEVER, proper to reply to a message by changing the
    subject and not including any information as to what you are talking
    about.

    Justin, Mar 7, 2007
  14. Barbara

    Richard C. Guest

    Re: Caution with that link!

    "def456" <> wrote in message

    > "Barbara" <> wrote in message
    >> HD DVD is one of...

    > [snip]
    >
    > It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!

    =====================
    You are still clueless!
    You should just leave the original subject alone and print your comment.

    Richard C., Mar 7, 2007
  15. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: Caution with that link!

    > You should just leave the original subject alone and print your comment.

    Wrong again. It is fine to change the subject, and it is not really
    necessary to include any of the original subject matter. In this branch of
    the thread I included some of the original subject matter, but there is
    probably no way to gain your approval - not that I need it. I am not looking
    for your advice and consent, so you don't need to continue responding.

    My point is probably made sufficiently, that the link in Barbara's post is
    possibly dangerous for the health of your computer.

    def456, Mar 7, 2007
  16. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    > It is NEVER, I say NEVER, proper to reply to a message by changing the
    > subject and not including any information as to what you are talking
    > about.

    Of course it is OK to change either of those things. The position of the
    post within the expanded, nested thread is sufficient to identify it to a
    proper news reader.

    def456, Mar 7, 2007
  17. Barbara

    Justin Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    def456 wrote on [Wed, 07 Mar 2007 19:12:56 GMT]:
    >> It is NEVER, I say NEVER, proper to reply to a message by changing the
    >> subject and not including any information as to what you are talking
    >> about.

    > Of course it is OK to change either of those things. The position of the
    > post within the expanded, nested thread is sufficient to identify it to a
    > proper news reader.

    Obviously it isn't, you retarded troll.

    Justin, Mar 7, 2007
  18. Barbara

    Justin Guest

    Re: Caution with that link!

    def456 wrote on [Wed, 07 Mar 2007 19:10:45 GMT]:

    >> You should just leave the original subject alone and print your comment.

    > Wrong again. It is fine to change the subject, and it is not really
    > necessary to include any of the original subject matter. In this branch of

    RFC 1855: Netiquette Guidelines
    "If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
    summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough
    text of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers
    understand when they start to read your response. Since NetNews,
    especially, is proliferated by distributing the postings from one host
    to another, it is possible to see a response to a message before seeing
    the original. Giving context helps everyone. But do not include the
    entire original!"
    http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html#3

    Justin, Mar 7, 2007
  19. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: Caution with that link!

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > def456 wrote on [Wed, 07 Mar 2007 19:10:45 GMT]:
    >>
    >>> You should just leave the original subject alone and print your comment.

    >> Wrong again. It is fine to change the subject, and it is not really
    >> necessary to include any of the original subject matter. In this branch
    >> of

    > RFC 1855: Netiquette Guidelines
    > "If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
    > summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough
    > text of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers
    > understand when they start to read your response. Since NetNews,
    > especially, is proliferated by distributing the postings from one host
    > to another, it is possible to see a response to a message before seeing
    > the original. Giving context helps everyone. But do not include the
    > entire original!"
    > http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html#3

    That's just one opinion. I don't agree, nor am I looking for your approval
    either, so you don't need to continue to respond.

    def456, Mar 7, 2007
  20. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > def456 wrote on [Wed, 07 Mar 2007 19:12:56 GMT]:
    >>> It is NEVER, I say NEVER, proper to reply to a message by changing the
    >>> subject and not including any information as to what you are talking
    >>> about.

    >> Of course it is OK to change either of those things. The position of the
    >> post within the expanded, nested thread is sufficient to identify it to a
    >> proper news reader.

    > Obviously it isn't, you xxx

    Name calling is not appropriate behavior.

    def456, Mar 7, 2007