    because DVDs have become so easy to copy....

    http://technowiki.blogspot.com/2007/02/copy-protection-used-on-hd-dvd-and-blu.html

    Enjoy !!
    Barbara, Feb 28, 2007

  2. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    caution with that link!

    It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!
    def456, Mar 3, 2007

  3. Barbara

    Richard C. Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    Any clue about what you are referring to?

    =============================

    Richard C., Mar 3, 2007
  4. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    I don't recall their names, but believe they had something to do with mpeg.
    As soon as I clicked that link there were two successive attempts to
    download files to my computer. I know because my download manager opened as
    usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
    caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
    which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

    def456, Mar 4, 2007
  5. Barbara

    Justin Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    How about a reference to what the **** you are talking about.
    Justin, Mar 4, 2007
  6. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:19:36 GMT]:
    >> I don't recall their names, but believe they had something to do with
    >> mpeg.
    >> As soon as I clicked that link there were two successive attempts to
    >> download files to my computer. I know because my download manager opened
    >> as
    >> usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
    >> caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
    >> which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

    > How about a reference to what the *** you are talking about.

    I told you all I know. I quickly refused the downloads, x-ed them off, then
    went through some security and cleanup procedures - just in case.
    def456, Mar 4, 2007
  7. Barbara

    Stan Brown Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    Sun, 04 Mar 2007 14:51:26 GMT from def456 <>:
    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > > def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:19:36 GMT]:
    > >> I don't recall their names, but believe they had something to do with
    > >> mpeg.
    > >> As soon as I clicked that link there were two successive attempts to
    > >> download files to my computer. I know because my download manager opened
    > >> as
    > >> usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
    > >> caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
    > >> which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

    > > How about a reference to what the *** you are talking about.

    > I told you all I know. I quickly refused the downloads, x-ed them off, then
    > went through some security and cleanup procedures - just in case.

    You may have told all you know, but you did not tell all you should
    have.

    The point you are missing is that wen you're referring to some other
    article, you are supposed to include enough of that article that
    people know what the heck you're talking about. "Caution with that
    link!" as a new thread is useless -- and if you're actually trying to
    help people, it's dumb.

    http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#quote

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Mar 4, 2007
  8. Barbara

    Richard C. Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    Boy - that sure made it clear!!

    What the hell are you talking about?
    ============================

    Richard C., Mar 4, 2007
  9. Barbara

    Richard C. Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "def456" <> wrote in message
    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:19:36 GMT]:
    >>> I don't recall their names, but believe they had something to do with
    >>> mpeg.
    >>> As soon as I clicked that link there were two successive attempts to
    >>> download files to my computer. I know because my download manager opened
    >>> as
    >>> usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
    >>> caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
    >>> which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

    >> How about a reference to what the *** you are talking about.

    > I told you all I know. I quickly refused the downloads, x-ed them off,
    > then went through some security and cleanup procedures - just in case.

    =============================
    What are you talking about?
    No one here knows what your blather refers to.
    Richard C., Mar 4, 2007
  10. Barbara

    Justin Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 14:51:26 GMT]:
    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:19:36 GMT]:
    >>> usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
    >>> caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
    >>> which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

    >> How about a reference to what the *** you are talking about.

    > I told you all I know. I quickly refused the downloads, x-ed them off, then
    > went through some security and cleanup procedures - just in case.

    Obviously you told us all you know, you know NOTHING.

    A new message with no clue as to what you are talking about saying

    "Don't click that link" is useless. Like you.
    Justin, Mar 4, 2007
  11. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    > What are you talking about?
    > No one here knows what your blather refers to.

    OK, click that link, if you want to. I don't care. I mentioned the
    unsolicited downloads because they are a flag that it is a possible badguy
    link, maybe something to be accessed with caution. I presume you're aware
    that newgroup posts can contain viruses just like emails, and some websites
    have harmful things imbedded to try to hijack your computer. Nuf said...
    def456, Mar 4, 2007
  12. Barbara

    Justin Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 22:28:27 GMT]:
    >> What are you talking about?
    >> No one here knows what your blather refers to.

    > OK, click that link, if you want to. I don't care. I mentioned the
    > unsolicited downloads because they are a flag that it is a possible badguy
    > link, maybe something to be accessed with caution. I presume you're aware
    > that newgroup posts can contain viruses just like emails, and some websites
    > have harmful things imbedded to try to hijack your computer. Nuf said...

    You haven't once mentioned a link. Moron.
    Justin, Mar 4, 2007
  13. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 22:28:27 GMT]:
    >>> What are you talking about?
    >>> No one here knows what your blather refers to.

    >> OK, click that link, if you want to. I don't care. I mentioned the
    >> unsolicited downloads because they are a flag that it is a possible
    >> badguy
    >> link, maybe something to be accessed with caution. I presume you're aware
    >> that newgroup posts can contain viruses just like emails, and some
    >> websites
    >> have harmful things imbedded to try to hijack your computer. Nuf said...

    > You haven't once mentioned a link. ***.

    It's the link in the post at the top of this thread. What else?
    def456, Mar 5, 2007
  14. Barbara

    kaboom Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 00:42:51 GMT, "def456" <> wrote:

    >"Justin" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> OK, click that link, if you want to. I don't care. I mentioned the
    >>> unsolicited downloads because they are a flag that it is a possible
    >>> badguy
    >>> link, maybe something to be accessed with caution. I presume you're aware
    >>> that newgroup posts can contain viruses just like emails, and some
    >>> websites
    >>> have harmful things imbedded to try to hijack your computer. Nuf said...

    >> You haven't once mentioned a link. ***.

    >It's the link in the post at the top of this thread. What else?

    **Your post didn't show up within a thread, it's a singular post.
    Therefore, it's not making sense to anyone else.

    kaboomie
    kaboom, Mar 5, 2007
  15. Barbara

    Stan Brown Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    Sun, 04 Mar 2007 22:28:27 GMT from def456 <>:
    > OK, click that link, if you want to.

    You're just trolling, aren't you?

    At this point, with the number of people who have responded, you
    clearly know that you never told us what "that link" was. You're just
    getting off on being annoying.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Mar 5, 2007
  16. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    > You're just trolling, aren't you?
    >
    > At this point, with the number of people who have responded, you
    > clearly know that you never told us what "that link" was. You're just
    > getting off on being annoying.

    No. I won't repeat the link, which anyone can find in the post at the top of
    this thread, because I won't repeat/promulgate something which is possibly
    harmful.
    def456, Mar 5, 2007
  17. Barbara

    Justin Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    def456 wrote on [Mon, 05 Mar 2007 00:42:51 GMT]:

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> OK, click that link, if you want to. I don't care. I mentioned the
    >>> unsolicited downloads because they are a flag that it is a possible
    >>> badguy
    >>> link, maybe something to be accessed with caution. I presume you're aware
    >>> that newgroup posts can contain viruses just like emails, and some
    >>> websites
    >>> have harmful things imbedded to try to hijack your computer. Nuf said...

    >> You haven't once mentioned a link. ***.

    > It's the link in the post at the top of this thread. What else?

    Here's the post from the top of the thread

    From: "def456" <>
    Newsgroups: alt.video.dvd
    Subject: caution with that link!
    Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 09:28:36 -0600

    It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!
    Justin, Mar 5, 2007
  18. Barbara

    Richard C. Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "def456" <> wrote in message
    >> What are you talking about?
    >> No one here knows what your blather refers to.

    > OK, click that link, if you want to. I don't care. I mentioned the
    > unsolicited downloads because they are a flag that it is a possible badguy
    > link, maybe something to be accessed with caution. I presume you're aware
    > that newgroup posts can contain viruses just like emails, and some
    > websites have harmful things imbedded to try to hijack your computer. Nuf
    > said...

    ========================
    You are dense as mud!
    WHAT link?
    Your post did not refer to anything.
    Richard C., Mar 5, 2007
  19. Barbara

    Richard C. Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    "def456" <> wrote in message

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> OK, click that link, if you want to. I don't care. I mentioned the
    >>> unsolicited downloads because they are a flag that it is a possible
    >>> badguy
    >>> link, maybe something to be accessed with caution. I presume you're
    >>> aware
    >>> that newgroup posts can contain viruses just like emails, and some
    >>> websites
    >>> have harmful things imbedded to try to hijack your computer. Nuf said...

    >> You haven't once mentioned a link. ***.

    > It's the link in the post at the top of this thread. What else?

    =========================
    YOUR post is the top post of this thread!
    There is no link in it.
    Richard C., Mar 5, 2007
  20. Barbara

    def456 Guest

    Re: caution with that link!

    > YOUR post is the top post of this thread!
    > There is no link in it.

    No, I did not start this thread. The first post in this thread was by
    "Barbara". If you don't see it then I guess your news service filtered it
    out, or something...
    def456, Mar 5, 2007