    Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

    best regards from germany
    beni
    beni, May 8, 2004

  2. beni

    mh Guest

    firewall2# wri ?
    Usage: write erase|floppy|mem|terminal|standby
    write net [<tftp_ip>]:<filename>

    You can use the write net command to store the current configuration
    in a file on your TFTP server.

    The syntax for this command is write net [[server_ip]:[filename]].
    mh, May 9, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    beni <> wrote:
    :I'm going to activate my new key to my pix 6.1 firewall, so I can use
    :128 bit for my vpn. I'm missing the command "activation-key" on this
    :version, as in pix 6.3, so I have to undertake some more action, to
    :activate the new key. I have a document from cisco on how to upgrade,
    :but what I'm missing is the way, how to copy my present config to my
    :tftp and then copy it back per "copy tftp flash..." command, so that
    :pix can ask me about the activation key and I can give then the new
    :eek:ne.

    You do not need to save your present configuration for this: you would
    need to save your present pix binary. There is no way provided to
    do that. In pix versions that do not have the "activation-key" command,
    you are only asked for the activation key when you load a pix image.
    If you do not have a copy of the PIX image saved somewhere, you
    are in for a bit of difficulty.
    --
    "The human genome is powerless in the face of chocolate."
    -- Dr. Adam Drewnowski
    Walter Roberson, May 9, 2004
  4. beni

    mh Guest

    Why not just upgrade to 6.3(3) ?
    mh, May 9, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    mh <> wrote:
    :Why not just upgrade to 6.3(3) ?

    My guess is that the OP hasn't been paying for a support contract.

    I would further guess that the OP is using the original software that
    came with the machine, and I would further guess that the OP has not
    undertaken any of the security upgrades recommended by the Security
    Advisories. In theory the OP should be able to upgrade to 6.1(4) [at least]
    and possibly 6.1(5) [not sure] for free -- but I have heard of people
    who have had difficulty getting Cisco to supply the software
    in accordance with the terms of their own Security Advisories.

    --
    "Meme" is self-referential; memes exist if and only if the "meme" meme
    exists. "Meme" is thus logically a meta-meme; but until the existance
    Walter Roberson, May 9, 2004
  6. beni

    beni Guest

    hello all,

    thanks a lot for your answers. I think I'm going to update to PIX 6.3

    best regards
    Beni
    beni, May 11, 2004
  7. beni

    Neil Rowland Guest

    I recently made a request through tac for 6.3.3(133) free upgrade due to
    security advisories.

    They sent me a e-mail with a code to put into the website and then I
    downloaded it. Word of warning, you may need a new licence key if your
    previous key was used in software below 6.3

    Neil Rowland, Jun 7, 2004