    Andy Petro Guest

    How can I copy all the e-mail files in Outlook Express to a disk for
    safe keeping.

    Andy Petro, Jul 11, 2007

  2. Andy Petro

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Jul 11, 2007

  3. Andy Petro

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Jul 11, 2007
  4. Andy Petro

    Gordon Guest

    "Andy Petro" <> wrote in message
    news:4694f968$0$16321$...
    > How can I copy all the e-mail files in Outlook Express to a disk for safe
    > keeping.

    Ignore anything about exporting - it won't work.

    Look here:
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/

    Gordon, Jul 11, 2007
  5. Andy Petro

    Mike Easter Guest

    Andy Petro wrote:
    > How can I copy all the e-mail files in Outlook Express to a disk for
    > safe keeping.

    First read Tom Koch's backup pages http://www.insideoe.com/backup/
    Backup and Restore -- Do-It-Yourself Backups - If you are the
    do-it-yourself type, or if you just want to understand a bit more about
    OE complexities, here are three basic approaches to backing up your
    Outlook Express files and settings.

    Then if you decide that the simple backup is all you need, he has this
    page http://www.insideoe.com/backup/simple.htm By using this method, you
    will be able to restore all your mail folders, all your mail and news
    accounts settings, and your address book for one Identity.

    That means you should understand where the files are
    http://www.insideoe.com/files/index.htm The OE Store Folder - The OE
    (Windows) Address Book (WAB) - The OE Registry Keys

    Don't forget to do the proper maintenance on everything before backing
    up or copying.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 11, 2007
  6. Andy Petro

    dadiOH Guest

    Andy Petro wrote:
    > How can I copy all the e-mail files in Outlook Express to a disk for
    > safe keeping.

    1. Make a new folder somewhere

    2. Open OE

    3. Select all the emails

    4. Drag emails to new folder

    5. Burn folder (or just contents) to a CD

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jul 11, 2007
  7. Andy Petro

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:54:20 +0100, "Gordon"
    <> wrote:

    >Ignore anything about exporting - it won't work.

    So the first link, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670

    "How to Backup And Restore Outlook Express Data" is wrong how?

    Evan Platt, Jul 11, 2007
  8. Andy Petro

    Gordon Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:54:20 +0100, "Gordon"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Ignore anything about exporting - it won't work.

    > So the first link, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670
    >
    > "How to Backup And Restore Outlook Express Data" is wrong how?

    Nothing wrong with that - the search term "export" was what was wrong.....

    Gordon, Jul 11, 2007
  9. Andy Petro

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:33:36 +0100, "Gordon"
    <> wrote:

    >Nothing wrong with that - the search term "export" was what was wrong.....

    If you bothered to click on the link, I think you'll find the first at
    least page of results would do what the OP wanted.

    Evan Platt, Jul 11, 2007
  10. Andy Petro

    Vanguard Guest

    Vanguard, Jul 11, 2007
  11. Andy Petro

    Vanguard Guest

    "Vanguard" wrote in message

    > "Andy Petro" wrote ...
    >> How can I copy all the e-mail files in Outlook Express to a disk for
    >> safe keeping.

    Also, if these files are important than it is likely that you have other
    files that are important to you. A backup program will save copies of
    these files and all your other files.

    Vanguard, Jul 11, 2007
  12. Andy Petro

    Plato Guest