    Please remove nospam to email me
    Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
    Rincon, GA.31326
    MBell72398, Apr 2, 2004

  2. MBell72398

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    ospam (MBell72398) wrote in
    news::

    > Here is what the customer's is going by. Copy and paste to your
    > browser. Toward the end of the page, read the small print. About the
    > middle of the paragraph is where Comcast alerted him to 5 PC's (does
    > not state machines or equipment, but pc's)
    >
    > http://www.comcast.com/Support/Corp1/FAQ/FaqDetail_435.html

    If that is correct, tell him to drop Comcast business and get a residential
    package.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Apr 2, 2004

  3. MBell72398

    Thor Guest

    "MBell72398" <> wrote in message
    > Here is what the customer's is going by. Copy and paste to your browser.

    Toward
    > the end of the page, read the small print. About the middle of the

    paragraph is
    > where Comcast alerted him to 5 PC's (does not state machines or

    equipment, but
    > pc's)

    But it makes logical sense that they would say that, given the fact that
    they allow up to 5 IP addresses to business customers. What the terms tell
    me is that they are simply stating 5 IPs=5 directly connected machines. I
    don't think their intent is a prohibition on sharing the connection to more
    than 5 PCs behind a NAT router. Obviously there is going to be a 5 PC limit
    when directly connected to their network, because that's all the IPs you
    will get. I would simply inquire further with them to clarify the issue. I
    cannot see how sharing the connection is of any negative impact to them,
    when the bandwidth allotted does not change, no matter how many PCs are
    connected.
    Thor, Apr 2, 2004
  4. MBell72398

    Wizard Guest

    I have Comcast and when it got connected they took down the mac address
    of my router as well as my NIC. They do not care how many machines are
    behind a NAT router.

    Wizard, Apr 2, 2004