    having to type them all out. I was hoping to CTRL A, CTRL C and CTRL V as
    text. Probably not possible but would be nice if such a thing existed.

    Martin

    Martin Knight, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Martin Knight

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 08:47:28 GMT, "Martin Knight" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there a quick way to copy about 50 files (MP3) and convert them to text.
    >
    >I'd like to send a list to someone of all the files in a folder without
    >having to type them all out. I was hoping to CTRL A, CTRL C and CTRL V as
    >text. Probably not possible but would be nice if such a thing existed.
    >
    >Martin

    Open a CMD (or DOS) prompt, navigate your way to the folder where the MP3
    files are stored and type the following:

    dir *.mp3 >list.txt

    Unk, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Martin Knight

    wrote:

    >Is there a quick way to copy about 50 files (MP3) and convert them to text.
    >
    >I'd like to send a list to someone of all the files in a folder without
    >having to type them all out. I was hoping to CTRL A, CTRL C and CTRL V as
    >text. Probably not possible but would be nice if such a thing existed.
    >
    >Martin

    Here's more info.

    A quick and dirty way without any new software is from a DOS shell:
    Click Start, Programs, DOS Prompt or click Start, Run. In the Run
    box, type "command.com" without the quotes and press enter.

    Navigate your way to the directory where the files are located, and use
    the DIR command to list the directory and use switches to control output.
    /a shows ALL files (hidden, system, etc.) dir/a
    /o (letter o, not a zero) sorts them alphabetically dir/o
    /s shows subdirectories dir/s
    /b bare format: Just the long filename, no size, etc. dir/b
    Add the command ">list.txt" to send the output to a text file "List.txt".
    (Double ">>"'s makes the DIR command append the output to an existing text
    file)

    So if you want a list of EVERY file on the C:\Music folder sent to a text
    file that you can edit, then use the following command:
    dir c:\music /a/b/o/s>list.txt

    By 3rd party Software:
    Karen's Directory Printer
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    Print Folder Pro:
    http://no-nonsense-software.com/download.html

    Print It:
    http://www.skylarkutilities.com/print-it/home.html

    DirPrint by Wim Heirman:
    http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~wheirman/
    http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~wheirman/zip/dirprt40.zip

    Directory printer
    http://www.galcott.com/

    Unk, Jan 4, 2004
  4. > Is there a quick way to copy about 50 files (MP3)
    > and convert them to text.
    >
    > I'd like to send a list to someone of all the files in a
    > folder without having to type them all out. I was
    > hoping to CTRL A, CTRL C and CTRL V as text.
    > Probably not possible but would be nice if such a thing
    > existed.

    Assuming your are using Windows of some sort, you can go to the
    directory in a command prompt and type the following -

    dir *.mp3 > mp3list.txt | notepad mp3list.txt

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 4, 2004
  5. Martin Knight

    konmaan

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    info from microsoft.public.word.newusers

    konmaan, Jan 2, 2008
  6. Martin Knight

    ptristan88

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Your looking for CopyFilenames at http://www.extrabit.com/copyfilenames

    Once you install you'll get an added option in your menu when you right click anywhere in a folder.

    so get a folder with your 50 mp3's in said folder. Select them all and right click. You'll see the option to copy all file names in the menu.

    Enjoy! :yell:

    ptristan88, Sep 10, 2011