    -=-=-
    .... Audentes Fortuna Juvat -- Fortune Favors the Bold

    * TagZilla 0.049
    Charles Bronson, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Charles Bronson

    VolatileAcid Guest

    1.. Type confreg 0x2142 and press Enter at the > prompt to boot from flash
    without loading the startup configuration stored in NVRAM. Other common
    configuration register settings are as follows:
    2.. 0x2102 - The most common setting. This boots the router from flash and
    loads the startup-config
    3.. 0x2101 - Bypasses the flash and loads from the Boot image located on
    the Boot ROM. This is also the setting to use if your flash is set to read
    only and you need to change it to read/write in order to upgrade the IOS
    image.

    then

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/130/xmodem_generic.html

    VolatileAcid, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Charles Bronson

    Bob Goddard Guest

    Charles Bronson wrote:

    > I have a 2950 that is borked. If I attach hosts to it they can ping
    > each other but no "real" traffic will cross it.I have had the CCNP
    > that comes in to help us out with projects look at it and he is
    > baffled by it also.
    >
    > My current working theory is that the IOS has become corrupt in some
    > fashion and needs to be reinstalled. When I tried this via the
    > FastEthernet ports it goes for a few bytes then errors out. What I'm
    > wondering is if their is some way I can copy in the IOS via the
    > console port.

    Does it error after a few bytes or a few packets?
    Has someone changed the MTU either on the PCs or the switch ports?

    Bob Goddard, Aug 10, 2004