    do I need a special program to copy C; to E;
    thanks
    John
    Johnnie Scott, Mar 30, 2005

  2. Johnnie Scott

    Gordon Guest

    Johnnie Scott wrote:
    > I wish to copy my HDD (getting noisy) to a new one. It has all the programs
    > and data inc. win XP. Can I after installing it in the PC just copy over or
    > do I need a special program to copy C; to E;
    > thanks
    > John

    You need an Imaging program like Norton Ghost or BootIT
    Gordon, Mar 30, 2005

  3. Johnnie Scott

    Jim Guest

    Johnnie Scott wrote:
    > I wish to copy my HDD (getting noisy) to a new one. It has all the programs
    > and data inc. win XP. Can I after installing it in the PC just copy over or
    > do I need a special program to copy C; to E;
    > thanks
    > John

    a program called "clonemaxx" will clone the hdd to the new one. It is
    free and works very well.

    --
    See what I am selling (if you have nothing better to do that is!!!):
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Smarter-org-uk
    Jim, Mar 30, 2005
  4. Johnnie Scott

    mark taylor Guest

    Thanks for the reply downloaded clonemaxx but it requires an 'a' drive
    floppy, which I don't have. Any others please

    mark taylor, Mar 30, 2005
  5. Johnnie Scott

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Often the hd manu has a free utility

    MrGrumpy, Mar 30, 2005
  6. Johnnie Scott

    S W Guest

    > Thanks for the reply downloaded clonemaxx but it requires an 'a' drive
    > floppy, which I don't have. Any others please
    > "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > > Johnnie Scott wrote:
    > >> I wish to copy my HDD (getting noisy) to a new one. It has all the
    > >> programs
    > >> and data inc. win XP. Can I after installing it in the PC just copy

    over
    > >> or
    > >> do I need a special program to copy C; to E;
    > >> thanks
    > >> John
    > >>

    > > a program called "clonemaxx" will clone the hdd to the new one. It is

    free
    > > and works very well.
    > >
    > > --
    > > See what I am selling (if you have nothing better to do that is!!!):
    > > http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Smarter-org-uk
    > > Thanks

    Norton Ghost can me made to boot from CD and it will do a very good job of
    cloning your disk.
    S W, Mar 30, 2005
  7. Johnnie Scott

    Plato Guest

    mark taylor wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply downloaded clonemaxx but it requires an 'a' drive
    > floppy, which I don't have. Any others please

    Install one.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 30, 2005
  8. Johnnie Scott

    Ben Wylie Guest

  9. Johnnie Scott

    x@y Guest

    "Johnnie Scott" <john374999@.nospam.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >I wish to copy my HDD (getting noisy) to a new one. It has all the
    >programs
    > and data inc. win XP. Can I after installing it in the PC just copy over
    > or
    > do I need a special program to copy C; to E;
    > thanks
    > John

    Hi Johnnie,

    I found a couple more here: http://tinyurl.com/6hqkz