    getting bad clusters recently..How can I copy it all over to the new
    drive? I've heard you can do this and not have to reinstall everything
    and that it would work just like the old one.

    L.D., Aug 23, 2003

  2. L.D.

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:25:38 +0100, in
    <bi8m4j$67cck$-berlin.de>
    Osprey scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> If you have been getting bad clusters, you would be well advised
    >> to start from fresh on your new drive. You may be creating
    >> future problems for yourself if you image a drive with bad sectors.

    >Explanation required here? Why!

    Bad sectors == probable corrupt files. 'nuff said?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 23, 2003

  3. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    I think I will start from fresh, not taking any chances.
    thanks
    L.D.

    L.D., Aug 24, 2003
  4. L.D.

    Osprey Guest

    I thought that as well! So how could these be transfered to another drive?

    Osprey, Aug 24, 2003
  5. L.D.

    Patrick Guest

    Osprey wrote:
    > I thought that as well! So how could these be transfered to another
    > drive?

    If a sector is bad (and marked so), thiere is a possibility of adjacent
    sectors being on thiere way to going bad (a bit iffy).

    Patrick, Aug 24, 2003