    copy the ram contents to a +R disc? (I have an HP burner on my PC).

    From looking at Roxio's support pages, it supposedy supports dvd-RAM (at
    least writing) in the drag 2 disc program.(is that the same as direct cd)?

    --
    Phil Tomaskovic
    Please remove NOSPAM from email return address.

    Phil Tomaskovic, Jun 30, 2003

  2. There actually is a better way for dealing with the -R/-RAM discs generated
    by the Panasonic set top models. One entails having a Panasonic DVD-R/RAM
    drive in your computer system along with Heuris DVD ConnexIT software. There
    is a plug-in that allows you to import the video on these discs to the
    timeline of Adobe Premiere. Check the following link for details:
    http://www.heuris.com/MPEGProducts/dvdconnexit/ConnexIT_Premiere.htm If the
    newsgroup window breaks it up copy and paste the whole line down to the
    ..htm.

    Another way is to purchase Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7 which has a built in
    function to allow you to import and edit the video on these discs. There is
    no need for renaming files, ripping, or re-encoding. The video written to
    the to the disc using the Panasonic DMR-E30 is VR. Heuris deals with the VR
    files, and MediaStudio can as well. All you need for reading the disc is a
    DVD multi-drive of some sort, not just a Panasonic DVD-R/RAm as suggested
    above. Here is the Ulead MediaStudio comparison sheet for details on it's
    capabilities.

    If you don't have a fast enough computer for using MediaStudio Pro 7 the
    Heuris route may be the best for you. Happy editing!

    --
    Larry Johnson
    Digital Video Solutions

    Digital Video Solutions, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Sorry, forgot the link to the Ulead comparison sheet. It's
    http://www.ulead.com/msp/compare.htm Once again, happy editing!!

    --
    Larry Johnson
    Digital Video Solutions
    http://www.digitalvideosolutions.com
    "Serving the Video Editing Community Since 1989. Visit Our Website Soon!"
    877-227-6281 Toll Free Sales Advice
    386-672-1941 Customer Service Line
    386-672-1907 Technical Support Line
    386-676-1515 Fax Line

    "Digital Video Solutions" <> wrote in
    message news:EllMa.177645$...

    Digital Video Solutions, Jul 1, 2003
  4. There is another prg I tried and it works, TMPGEnc DVD Author.
    http://www.pegasys-inc.com
    They mention in the specs for it that it can do .vro files. I have a panny
    DMR 30E tried on a 4 GB .vro file outside of a slight jump near where in
    other editors they fail this converted it to a playable DVD which I played
    on my Apex AD 500W.

    Mike Skuczas
    "Digital Video Solutions" <> wrote in
    message news:iqlMa.177648$...

    Michael Skuczas, Jul 7, 2003
  5. Phil Tomaskovic

    Trevor S Guest

    > There actually is a better way for dealing with the -R/-RAM discs
    > generated by the Panasonic set top models. One entails having a
    > Panasonic DVD-R/RAM drive in your computer system along with Heuris
    > DVD ConnexIT software. There is a plug-in that allows you to import
    > the video on these discs to the timeline of Adobe Premiere. Check the
    > following link for details:
    > http://www.heuris.com/MPEGProducts/dvdconnexit/ConnexIT_Premiere.htm
    > If the newsgroup window breaks it up copy and paste the whole line
    > down to the .htm.

    <snip>

    Has anyone used this plug-in and have any feedback ? I am particulary
    intereted in using it.

    What I want to do is drag/drop the files to Premier 6, cut commercials an
    bits of the start & finish. Then author to DVD-R using DVD It PE with
    menus.

    Trevor S

    Trevor S, Jul 8, 2003