copy flash tftp ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by IHateSpam, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. IHateSpam

    IHateSpam Guest

    I know I have done this before, yet I keep getting an error when I try
    to copy flash tftp.

    It reaches my machine with the TFTP server on it, and it seems to be
    trying to copy it over, but I keep getting this error:

    Error: EACCESS. CreateFile returns 32: <The process cannot access the
    file because it is being used by another process>

    I am using the Tftpd32 application recommended by cisco and available
    at: http://tftpd32.jounin.net

    This is what happens on the router:

    PRO2621#copy flash tftp
    Source filename [c2600-ik9o3s-mz.122-11.T1.bin]?
    Address or name of remote host []? 10.121.252.8
    Destination filename [c2600-ik9o3s-mz.122-11.T1.bin]?
    %Error opening tftp://10.121.252.8/c2600-ik9o3s-mz.122-11.T1.bin
    (Timed out)
    PRO2621#

    Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
    IHateSpam, Apr 8, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    IHateSpam <> wrote:

    > I know I have done this before, yet I keep getting an error when I try
    > to copy flash tftp.
    >
    > It reaches my machine with the TFTP server on it, and it seems to be
    > trying to copy it over, but I keep getting this error:
    >
    > Error: EACCESS. CreateFile returns 32: <The process cannot access the
    > file because it is being used by another process>

    Does the file already exist? Most TFTP servers will *not* create a new
    file, since TFTP doesn't have any authentication. The file has to exist
    already and have write permission for all.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA
    Barry Margolin, Apr 8, 2004

  3. IHateSpam

    Guest

    On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:32:09 -0500, IHateSpam
    <> wrote:

    >I know I have done this before, yet I keep getting an error when I try
    >to copy flash tftp.
    >
    >It reaches my machine with the TFTP server on it, and it seems to be
    >trying to copy it over, but I keep getting this error:
    >
    >Error: EACCESS. CreateFile returns 32: <The process cannot access the
    >file because it is being used by another process>
    >
    >I am using the Tftpd32 application recommended by cisco and available
    >at: http://tftpd32.jounin.net

    Find and use a different tftp server program (such as tftpd). There
    have been many, many complains about the Cisco provided server.
    , Apr 10, 2004
  4. IHateSpam

    MC Guest

    If using a unix host make sure an empty file of the same name appears in the
    /tftpboot location or to your perticular setup.

    If using Windoes, I prefer to use solarwinds tftp server.

    MC, Apr 11, 2004
  5. IHateSpam

    AnyBody43 Guest

    "MC" <> wrote in message news:<Ba%dc.11608$>...
    > If using a unix host make sure an empty file of the same name appears in the
    > /tftpboot location or to your perticular setup.
    >
    > If using Windoes, I prefer to use solarwinds tftp server.
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:32:09 -0500, IHateSpam
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >I know I have done this before, yet I keep getting an error when I try
    > > >to copy flash tftp.
    > > >
    > > >It reaches my machine with the TFTP server on it, and it seems to be
    > > >trying to copy it over, but I keep getting this error:
    > > >
    > > >Error: EACCESS. CreateFile returns 32: <The process cannot access the
    > > >file because it is being used by another process>
    > > >
    > > >I am using the Tftpd32 application recommended by cisco and available
    > > >at: http://tftpd32.jounin.net

    > > Find and use a different tftp server program (such as tftpd). There
    > > have been many, many complains about the Cisco provided server.

    This is not the Cisco _provided_ server. It has been around for
    years and I have used it extensively without problems. I suspect
    that cisco gave up on their own one and now recommend this one.

    Unfortunately (I think) Mr Jounin has been adding features to it
    and so perhaps it is broken.

    What OS are you using for the server (in detail)? I suggest
    that you make the target file name an 8.3 format name.
    AnyBody43, Apr 12, 2004