    sub directorys are too deep to copy and the copy procedure aborts which is a
    pain in the arse.

    how do i sort it out

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF4?=, Jan 17, 2006

  2. In news:,
    Max <> typed:
    > i have two wireless desktop computers and i want to copy 800mb of
    > files from one computer to the other
    >
    > however i get an error message saying that some of the files which
    > are in sub directorys are too deep to copy and the copy procedure
    > aborts which is a pain in the arse.
    >
    > how do i sort it out

    Try using robocopy from the resource kit - you can download it from MS. You
    might copy the file to your \system32 subfolder in your windows/winnt
    directory on the source computer.

    E.g.:

    robocopy <source>\ <destination>\ /e /r:1 /w:1

    (means, copy source to destination, including subfolders, retry once, wait 1
    second between retries

    robocopy c:\folder\ \\otherPC\sharefolder\ (etc)

    robocopy /??? will give you all the parameters.

    Note that if there are spaces anywhere you need to enclose the paths in
    double quotes and put the \ after the last double quote...
    robocopy "c:\my folder\my subfolder"\ "\\othercomputer\folder name"\ (etc)

    You can re-run this over 'n over again; after the first copy is complete,
    re-running it will copy over only newer/changed items. It's very handy.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Jan 17, 2006