  1. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Huh? What the h*** are you trying to do? You've posted this 3 times (at
    least) in the last week or so. Step by step...describe what you have now,
    and what you WANT to have when you get done. Take it slow...it's a weekend
    and I'm trying to relax...

    Toolman Tim, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Luke O'Malley gibbered the following deranged nonsense:
    > -->>>>>>> Next Section <<<<<<<
    >
    > Does anyone know how to copy a directory without copying the actual
    > files - or does everyone know how to do it except me?
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    What OS?

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!! The staff of life!!
    The Old Sourdough, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Toolman Tim

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    > Does anyone know how to copy a directory without copying the actual
    > files - or does everyone know how to do it except me?
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    in DOS window:
    xcopy exclude:filestring

    c:\help xcopy

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Nov 7, 2004
  4. Toolman Tim

    trout Guest

    Luke O'Malley wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to copy a directory without copying the actual
    > files - or does everyone know how to do it except me?
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    Not exactly sure what you mean either. But if it happens to be that
    you want a copy of (the names in) a file tree....
    maybe Directory Printer would help:
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp
    --
    "Also, your lucky number is 3."
    trout, Nov 7, 2004
  5. Toolman Tim

    dadiOH Guest

    Luke O'Malley wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to copy a directory without copying the actual
    > files - or does everyone know how to do it except me?

    A perfectly valid request. And easy to do with TreeCopy...
    http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/

    --

    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...