    Anyone advise good free software to copy a few audio tapes...music and
    spoken word...from tape to pc hard drive.
    Thanks.
    Pete Brown, Oct 23, 2005

  2. Pete Brown

    dadiOH Guest

    Pete Brown wrote:
    > Anyone advise good free software to copy a few audio tapes...music and
    > spoken word...from tape to pc hard drive.
    > Thanks.

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Oct 23, 2005

  3. Pete Brown

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:48:13 +0100, "Pete Brown" <> wrote:

    >Anyone advise good free software to copy a few audio tapes...music and
    >spoken word...from tape to pc hard drive.
    >Thanks.

    Audacity (free)
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    Unk, Oct 23, 2005
  4. Pete Brown

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:48:13 +0100 If you fall from a tree,leave your
    anger on the branch and then "Pete Brown" <> sent
    this :

    >Anyone advise good free software to copy a few audio tapes...music and
    >spoken word...from tape to pc hard drive.
    >Thanks.

    Your sound card may have already installed some software for you to do
    it.Open up you programs list and look for your sound card and see if
    there's something like a,"Wav" recorder.Then it's just a matter of
    sticking the right cable into the sound card from your
    tape-player,usually the line-in is the same impedance on the PC as
    the line-out of you Tape player.Then it's fiddly volume time so you
    don't distort etc.Once you have your audio in a .wav format there's
    loads of good free stuff around to manipulate and convert to say .mp3s
    if you wish and remove scratches,normalise,compress.

    Don't run before you can walk.Get a good copy on your hard drive as a
    ..wav file and post back :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Oct 23, 2005
  5. Pete Brown

    Shel-hed Guest

    I really like CD Wave
    http://www.milosoftware.com/cdwave/

    Shel-hed, Oct 24, 2005
  6. Pete Brown

    Shel-hed Guest

    Oops... you said free. CD Wave is shareware, but it isn't crippleware, so you
    can use it for as long as you like. I think you'll want to pay the small fee
    though.

    Shel-hed, Oct 24, 2005
  7. Pete Brown

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Pete Brown" <> wrote in news:djgpbo$gbd$1
    @news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

    > Anyone advise good free software to copy a few audio tapes...music and
    > spoken word...from tape to pc hard drive.
    > Thanks.

    Goldwave is uncrippled shareware and includes noise reduction which is very
    good at removing tape hiss.
    http://www.goldwave.com/release.php

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Oct 24, 2005
  8. Pete Brown

    Pete Brown Guest

    "fred-bloggs" <> wrote in message
    > "Pete Brown" <> wrote in news:djgpbo$gbd$1
    > @news8.svr.pol.co.uk:
    >
    >> Anyone advise good free software to copy a few audio tapes...music and
    >> spoken word...from tape to pc hard drive.
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Goldwave is uncrippled shareware and includes noise reduction which is
    > very
    > good at removing tape hiss.
    > http://www.goldwave.com/release.php

    ---------------------
    Many thanks for all the replies...going try them all :)
    Cheers.
    Pete Brown, Oct 24, 2005
  9. Pete Brown

    old jon Guest

    "Pete Brown" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone advise good free software to copy a few audio tapes...music and
    > spoken word...from tape to pc hard drive.
    > Thanks.

    Here you are Pete, another good free one:
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows
    best wishes..OJ
    old jon, Oct 24, 2005