    44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I know this must be a
    lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old man and just never did this
    before.
    Richard, Apr 14, 2009

  2. Richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:40:53 -0700, "Richard" <>
    wrote:

    >I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them and I
    >want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while I have
    >another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get 16 songs with
    >44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I know this must be a
    >lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old man and just never did this
    >before.

    You need to Rip the audio from the CD. Take a look at
    http://www.freerip.com/
    or
    http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/
    Evan Platt, Apr 14, 2009

  3. Richard

    John Holmes Guest

    Richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them
    > and I want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while
    > I have another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get
    > 16 songs with 44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I
    > know this must be a lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old
    > man and just never did this before.

    Results 1 - 10 of about 16,100,000 for Copy a music CD. (0.29 seconds),
    you lazy old ****.

    --
    Your mother was an irritating taxi-driver who emulated George Michael in
    petrol stations.
    John Holmes, Apr 14, 2009
  4. Richard

    chuckcar Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in

    > I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them and
    > I want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while I
    > have another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get 16
    > songs with 44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I know
    > this must be a lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old man and
    > just never did this before.

    You have to sample them. Songs on a CD are stored differently than files
    on a data CD. You can't just copy them. There's no file allocation table
    for one.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Apr 14, 2009
  5. Richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:24:04 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >You have to sample them.

    What???

    Just ignore chucktard. He's useless.
    Evan Platt, Apr 14, 2009
  6. "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them and I
    > want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while I have
    > another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get 16 songs
    > with 44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I know this
    > must be a lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old man and just
    > never did this before.

    I assume you have Windows Media Player .... and if you do it's quite easy.
    Insert your CD into the drive, start Windows Media Player, click on "File"
    and then "Copy" .......

    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6369/copyfromaudiocd.jpg
    J¡m ßéâñ, Apr 15, 2009
  7. "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > You have to sample them. Songs on a CD are stored differently than files
    > on a data CD. You can't just copy them. There's no file allocation table
    > for one.

    Let's just have a look at how Chuck rates on the old kook-o-meter, shall we

    http://rate-Chuck.notlong.com
    J¡m ßéâñ, Apr 15, 2009
  8. Richard

    Tony Guest

    Bollocks! Chuck you're one sick puppy!

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Apr 15, 2009
  9. Richard

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > "Richard" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them and
    >> I want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while I
    >> have another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get 16
    >> songs with 44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I know
    >> this must be a lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old man and
    >> just never did this before.
    >>

    > You have to sample them.

    ROFL!

    > Songs on a CD are stored differently than files
    > on a data CD. You can't just copy them. There's no file allocation table
    > for one.

    Well at least that bit is right.
    Desk Rabbit, Apr 15, 2009