Copy a Google Map

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by M, Apr 30, 2005.

  1. M

    M Guest

    W-XP
    IE 6 - SP2

    I was on Google and wanted to save a map. I right-clicked and nothing
    happened. I expected to see copy. Anyway, I did a control-A to
    select the entire page and then a control-C to copy it to the clipboard. I
    brought up MS Word and attempted to drop the entire page into the doc and
    got:

    JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Google Maps. However, it
    seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To
    view Google Maps, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, and
    then try again.

    After Googling, I got hits indicating I should enable Java scripting by
    going to
    Internet Options-Security-Custom Level and found that Java Script was
    enabled.

    What do I do to allow right-click copy?

    TIA
    Mike
    M, Apr 30, 2005

  2. M

    Guest

    On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:57:07 -0400, "M" <> wrote:

    |>W-XP
    |>IE 6 - SP2
    |>
    |>I was on Google and wanted to save a map. I right-clicked and nothing
    |>happened. I expected to see copy. Anyway, I did a control-A to
    |>select the entire page and then a control-C to copy it to the clipboard. I
    |>brought up MS Word and attempted to drop the entire page into the doc and
    |>got:
    |>
    |>JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Google Maps. However, it
    |>seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To
    |>view Google Maps, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, and
    |>then try again.
    |>
    |>After Googling, I got hits indicating I should enable Java scripting by
    |>going to
    |>Internet Options-Security-Custom Level and found that Java Script was
    |>enabled.
    |>
    |>What do I do to allow right-click copy?

    Work kinda in Opera, just a small portion at a time:
    http://mt.google.com/mt?v=.3&x=-259&y=-109&zoom=6

    And If I save to disk it saves as mt a hex editor shows it's a GIF
    file, just need to rename it.

    --
    , Apr 30, 2005

  3. M

    dadiOH Guest

    M wrote:
    > W-XP
    > IE 6 - SP2
    >
    > I was on Google and wanted to save a map. I right-clicked and nothing
    > happened. I expected to see copy. Anyway, I did a control-A to
    > select the entire page and then a control-C to copy it to the
    > clipboard. I brought up MS Word and attempted to drop the entire
    > page into the doc and got:
    >
    > JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Google Maps.
    > However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by
    > your browser. To view Google Maps, enable JavaScript by changing your
    > browser options, and then try again.
    >
    > After Googling, I got hits indicating I should enable Java scripting
    > by going to
    > Internet Options-Security-Custom Level and found that Java Script was
    > enabled.
    >
    > What do I do to allow right-click copy?

    Doubt you can but you *can* press the Print Scr key, open a graphic
    program (MS Paint or other) and paste. That will give you the entire
    page, you can crop out what you want and save it.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Apr 30, 2005
  4. M

    Jay Ar Guest

    dadiOH wrote:
    > M wrote:
    >> W-XP
    >> IE 6 - SP2
    >>
    >> I was on Google and wanted to save a map. I right-clicked and
    >> nothing happened. I expected to see copy. Anyway, I did a
    >> control-A to select the entire page and then a control-C to copy it
    >> to the clipboard. I brought up MS Word and attempted to drop the
    >> entire page into the doc and got:
    >>
    >> JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Google Maps.
    >> However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by
    >> your browser. To view Google Maps, enable JavaScript by changing your
    >> browser options, and then try again.
    >>
    >> After Googling, I got hits indicating I should enable Java scripting
    >> by going to
    >> Internet Options-Security-Custom Level and found that Java Script was
    >> enabled.
    >>
    >> What do I do to allow right-click copy?

    > Doubt you can but you *can* press the Print Scr key, open a graphic
    > program (MS Paint or other) and paste. That will give you the entire
    > page, you can crop out what you want and save it.

    --
    This is what I usually do:
    1.- Press F11 (maximus screen size)

    J.R.
    Jay Ar, Apr 30, 2005
  5. M

    M Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    >M wrote:
    >> W-XP
    >> IE 6 - SP2
    >>
    >> I was on Google and wanted to save a map. I right-clicked and nothing
    >> happened. I expected to see copy. Anyway, I did a control-A to
    >> select the entire page and then a control-C to copy it to the
    >> clipboard. I brought up MS Word and attempted to drop the entire
    >> page into the doc and got:
    >>
    >> JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Google Maps.
    >> However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by
    >> your browser. To view Google Maps, enable JavaScript by changing your
    >> browser options, and then try again.
    >>
    >> After Googling, I got hits indicating I should enable Java scripting
    >> by going to
    >> Internet Options-Security-Custom Level and found that Java Script was
    >> enabled.
    >>
    >> What do I do to allow right-click copy?

    > Doubt you can but you *can* press the Print Scr key, open a graphic
    > program (MS Paint or other) and paste. That will give you the entire
    > page, you can crop out what you want and save it.
    >
    > --
    > dadiOH
    > ____________________________

    Yeah, I knew about that but I still wonder why I can't right-click copy?
    M, Apr 30, 2005
  6. M

    M Guest

    "Jay Ar" <> wrote in message

    > dadiOH wrote:
    >> M wrote:
    >>> W-XP
    >>> IE 6 - SP2
    >>>
    >>> I was on Google and wanted to save a map. I right-clicked and
    >>> nothing happened. I expected to see copy. Anyway, I did a
    >>> control-A to select the entire page and then a control-C to copy it
    >>> to the clipboard. I brought up MS Word and attempted to drop the
    >>> entire page into the doc and got:
    >>>
    >>> JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Google Maps.
    >>> However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by
    >>> your browser. To view Google Maps, enable JavaScript by changing your
    >>> browser options, and then try again.
    >>>
    >>> After Googling, I got hits indicating I should enable Java scripting
    >>> by going to
    >>> Internet Options-Security-Custom Level and found that Java Script was
    >>> enabled.
    >>>
    >>> What do I do to allow right-click copy?

    >> Doubt you can but you *can* press the Print Scr key, open a graphic
    >> program (MS Paint or other) and paste. That will give you the entire
    >> page, you can crop out what you want and save it.

    > --
    > This is what I usually do:
    > 1.- Press F11 (maximus screen size)
    > 2.- Press Alt.-Print Sreen (Primary screen only)
    > 3.- Open Word Pad and past it. Voila! ( Yes, you can also use Paint). For
    > me
    > always work like a charm. And if you have Clip Trakker you can cut and
    > paste
    > several screens instead the only one at a time with the default Microsoft
    > clipboard viewer. I hope it helps.
    >
    > J.R.

    Yeah, I knew about that but still wonder why I can't right-click copy?
    M, Apr 30, 2005
  7. M

    Brian Guest

    "M" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > "Jay Ar" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > dadiOH wrote:

    > >> Doubt you can but you *can* press the Print Scr key, open a graphic
    > >> program (MS Paint or other) and paste. That will give you the entire
    > >> page, you can crop out what you want and save it.

    > > --
    > > This is what I usually do:
    > > 1.- Press F11 (maximus screen size)
    > > 2.- Press Alt.-Print Sreen (Primary screen only)
    > > 3.- Open Word Pad and past it. Voila! ( Yes, you can also use Paint).

    For
    > > me
    > > always work like a charm. And if you have Clip Trakker you can cut and
    > > paste
    > > several screens instead the only one at a time with the default

    Microsoft
    > > clipboard viewer. I hope it helps.
    > >
    > > J.R.
    > >

    > Yeah, I knew about that but still wonder why I can't right-click copy?

    cos its not an image! its a java based program that displays the map (gets
    the info from their server and displays it using a server applet)! Server
    based means that it is NOT being localy saved on your PC. At least so that
    it is not easy to find, if at all! Just like a cgi script etc.
    Brian, Apr 30, 2005
  8. M

    ellis_jay Guest

    M wrote:
    > W-XP
    > IE 6 - SP2
    >
    > I was on Google and wanted to save a map. I right-clicked and nothing
    > happened. I expected to see copy. Anyway, I did a control-A to
    > select the entire page and then a control-C to copy it to the
    > clipboard. I brought up MS Word and attempted to drop the entire
    > page into the doc and got:
    >
    > JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Google Maps.
    > However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by
    > your browser. To view Google Maps, enable JavaScript by changing your
    > browser options, and then try again.
    >
    > After Googling, I got hits indicating I should enable Java scripting
    > by going to
    > Internet Options-Security-Custom Level and found that Java Script was
    > enabled.
    >
    > What do I do to allow right-click copy?
    >
    > TIA
    > Mike

    Why do all that? All you would do is save a large "thing' in your memory
    when all you need is

    MWSNAP from

    http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/index.html

    A very well thought of free program to capture the whole desktop or a
    portion of it or a menu or a portion of it and save as a very small jpeg
    (one of the options). Why take up space when it is not necessary?

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, May 1, 2005