  1. This past couple weeks my pc's seem to either shut down on there own or they
    reboot themselves. I've built two brand new machines and they both reboot
    themselves when I'm in a folder on the network I'm my home. Any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3JzaG92ZXJpZGUx?=, Jan 19, 2006

  2. Are there any messages in the Event Viewer, any unusual processes running in
    the background? (Right Click Taskbar > click Task Manager > Processes (tab)
    to see if this is the case).
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 19, 2006

  3. no not that I can tell. Some of the stuff in that list I'm not too sure what
    it is, but they look legit. These are fresh installs, I wouldn't think there
    would be anything running in there that shouldn't just yet.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3JzaG92ZXJpZGUx?=, Jan 20, 2006
  4. Windows XP restarts unexpectedly or restarts when you shut down the computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320299/

    A shutdown that is not initiated by the operating system, an application, a
    service, or the Shut Down Windows dialog box is an unexpected shutdown
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmb_tol_amgv.asp

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 20, 2006