    categorize it correctly.

    Thanks for your help.

    -presentt
    presentt, Aug 9, 2005

  2. presentt

    why? Guest

    On 9 Aug 2005 07:53:11 -0700, presentt wrote:

    (On backup ISP again <groan>)

    >Hello,
    >
    >I've been using CDS for some time, and generally like it (more or less
    >than GDS is another issue...), but there's one thing that's been
    >bugging me. Is there a way to make CDS index other filetypes, namely
    >*.exe?

    Is it just this week that no one reads the Help files for CDS or
    doesn't look at the Options | Advanved | Multimedia and other file
    types to index.

    There are 3 buttons Add / Modify / Remove.

    Guess the rest or RTFM.

    >Often, when looking for certain executables, I'm forced to turn back to
    >Windows' archaic Search service. I also wouldn't mind being able to
    >force CDS to search for and index *any* filetype, even if it doesnt
    >categorize it correctly.

    5 types to index by.

    >Thanks for your help.

    Try the CDS stuff
    http://help.copernic.com/topic/desktopsearch16en/overview.htm
    http://help.copernic.com/topic/desktopsearch16en/options_di_advanced.htm

    >-presentt

    Me
    why?, Aug 9, 2005

  3. presentt

    Guest

    Thanks...
    , Aug 9, 2005
  4. presentt

    Caveman Guest

    I do know that option, but what I cannot figure out is how to get CDS
    to find files by partial or non-"file.ext" style file names, such as
    *_view.sql
    or
    *process*.sql
    or
    *.pk*
    or
    ..cvsignore (for which I tried *.cvsignore, but it did not work either)

    I just cannot find any reference to this in Help files, and @filename
    does not seem to respect wild cards. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Caveman
    Caveman, Aug 18, 2005