    help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Caveman

    Caveman, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Is "Copernic Agent Professional 6.12" as good as "Google" when doing searching for information?

    I have both, but I mostly use Google now. I was very happy with
    Copernic until Google put it's search engine into overdrive.

    And so it goes.

    John Breckenridge, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Caveman

    why? Guest

    On 17 Aug 2005 20:21:42 -0700, Caveman wrote:

    I wonder if this is one of those months, that mean don't check the cds
    help?

    >How do I use CDS to find files by partial file name? For example, all

    Use the option to search filenames? It's in the helpfile.

    >*.DOC files without also finding DOCUMENT.TXT -- or all files with an

    ..DOC is one of the choices, in Show Options , FileType choice.

    >underscore in their name, such as *_*.SQL or VW_*.SQL? Any relevant
    >help would be much appreciated!

    Suggestions for improvements, fling in the direction of -
    http://www.copernic.com/en/support/index.html
    http://www.copernic.com/en/contact/index.html

    Me

    why?, Aug 18, 2005
  4. Caveman

    Caveman Guest

    Hi why?,

    Using the .DOC option was a poor choice -- indeed it is in File Types,
    though it also, strangely, shows files named Repository (no
    extension!). From your response I presume that, however, that othe
    examples I quoted *_*.SQL or VW_*.SQL are not available for search?

    Thanks,
    Caveman.

    Caveman, Aug 19, 2005
  5. Caveman

    why? Guest

    On 18 Aug 2005 16:47:08 -0700, Caveman wrote:

    >Hi why?,
    >
    >Using the .DOC option was a poor choice -- indeed it is in File Types,

    If I use The Word Document (*.DOC) in the File Type drop down it works
    fine, it only displays *.DOC files in the matching files window.

    You can also setup advanced options file extensions and select file name
    only, this way it doesn't index the contents , which I quite like and
    use it a lot.

    The search operator to specify part of a filename is been useful
    sometimes.

    >though it also, strangely, shows files named Repository (no

    Are you entering .DOC in the 'Search For' box? That searches for
    contents of any filter in the Refine Search box.

    >extension!). From your response I presume that, however, that othe

    Why presume?

    >examples I quoted *_*.SQL or VW_*.SQL are not available for search?

    I don't have any files with names / extensions like that, try the Help
    file if you want to search for a filename containing a word, read the
    bit about 'search operators', between speifying an option in Search For
    / Refine Search it's done what I wanted so far.

    If you try the correct search operator, and have setup a file extension
    / indexing type you may get on better.

    >Thanks,
    >Caveman.

    Me