Coolscan III Died

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Adam E. Ek, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. Adam E. Ek

    Adam E. Ek Guest

    I've had a Nikon Coolscan III (aka LS-30) for about four years. I've
    scanned about 2000 pictures with it.

    It just stopped working.

    What works:
    - It still turns on.
    - I get the same blinking light and quiet motor
    sounds during startup that I always got.
    - The computer hardware sees the scanner. It shows
    up in Apple System Profiler.
    - The computer software (VueScan) sees the scanner.
    - I've disconnected and reconnected all of the
    cables. (While everything is powered down of
    course

    What doesn't work:
    - It won't scan.
    - When film is put into either of the motorized
    drives I have (35mm negative strip loader,
    APS film loader), the drive does nothing. It
    will not load the film.

    Help!!!

    --
    Adam Ek

    Adam E. Ek, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Adam E. Ek

    Adam E. Ek Guest

    In article <>,
    xnxnxnx (FOR7b) wrote:
    > >What doesn't work:
    > >- It won't scan.
    > >- When film is put into either of the motorized
    > > drives I have (35mm negative strip loader,
    > > APS film loader), the drive does nothing. It
    > > will not load the film.
    > >
    > >Help!!!
    > >
    > >--
    > >Adam Ek
    > >

    > I hope you have better luck with Nikon than I've been having with Canon. Give
    > them a ring and send it in for an estimate. If the estimate is more than the
    > price of a used one then just buy a used one lite on use. Or this could be an
    > excuse to get a higher spec scanner. I don't recommend any Canons! God forbid
    > you may need it serviced.

    Or just getting rid of it. I switched over to a digital camera in
    January. I rarely use the CoolScan now.

    --
    Adam Ek

    Adam E. Ek, Sep 7, 2003