    earlier in the week.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Tracy

    Lacquer, Dec 8, 2003

  2. > My Nikon Coolpix 995 appears to have slowed down. Saving photos takes
    > longer and Downloading and copying also seems slower. Any idea why?

    Could
    > I have changed a setting to cause this? I was making some adjustments
    > earlier in the week.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    > Tracy

    Is it OK on a freshly formatted memory card? Have you changed the amount
    of JPEG compression (quality setting) or the image size?

    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Lacquer

    Lacquer Guest

    Thanks David. A reformat did the trick. Really appreciate it!

    Tracy
    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    message news:tE3Bb.93$...

    Lacquer, Dec 8, 2003
  4. "Lacquer" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks David. A reformat did the trick. Really appreciate it!
    >
    > Tracy

    You're welcome!

    It seems that the CF card needs the equivalent of a disk defragmentation
    every so often, but in-camera reformating before use seems to be the best
    policy.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 9, 2003