    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Bill

    , Nov 23, 2006

  2. tomm42 Guest

    On Nov 23, 11:53 am, wrote:
    > Can anyone advise me on lens alternatives for the Coolpix 8800. I am
    > interested in both a telephoto lens to extend the range of my camera as
    > well as a wide angle lens.
    >
    > The recommended lenses from Nikon are:
    > - TC-E17ED telephoto converter (1.7x)
    > - WM-E80 wide-angle converter (0.8x) requires an adapter ring (UR-E17)
    >
    > Are these the best alternatives or are there other lenses that will
    > provide greater magnification for the telephoto and wider-angle? I
    > ordered and returned one set of lenses before as they both had problems
    > with clarity and focus.
    >
    > Should I stick with the recommended lenses or is there a better
    > alternative?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > Bill

    Nikon adaptor lenses work very well with their P&S cameras. I would
    think they would be your best choice, many of the after market add on
    lenses are designed for use with comsumer video cameras which is not
    nearly as a demanding task as still cameras.

    Tom

    tomm42, Nov 24, 2006

  3. On 23 Nov 2006 08:53:44 -0800, in rec.photo.digital wrote:

    >Can anyone advise me on lens alternatives for the Coolpix 8800. I am
    >interested in both a telephoto lens to extend the range of my camera as
    >well as a wide angle lens.
    >
    >The recommended lenses from Nikon are:
    >- TC-E17ED telephoto converter (1.7x)
    >- WM-E80 wide-angle converter (0.8x) requires an adapter ring (UR-E17)
    >
    >Are these the best alternatives or are there other lenses that will
    >provide greater magnification for the telephoto and wider-angle? I
    >ordered and returned one set of lenses before as they both had problems
    >with clarity and focus.
    >
    >Should I stick with the recommended lenses or is there a better
    >alternative?

    Can't speak for the WM, but the TC-17 is a good piece of glass. I have it
    and the WC-80 for my old 5700. The WC is one big honking piece of glass I'd
    expect the WM to be similar.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 26, 2006